Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !!

+6
garina do mar
Laaly
Ricky
AllyKass
robin
caysa
10 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 Empty Re: Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !!

Post by Ricky Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 Moz-screenshot-1Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 Moz-screenshot-2one Blue Tit doesn´t mind the snow storm
Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 Blaumeise
Ricky
Ricky

Male Posts : 9253

Back to top Go down

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 Empty Re: Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !!

Post by caysa Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Yes, as this was the only sheltered place..... but now they are gone for today....
caysa
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Finally!! A woodpecker cheers

Video of woodpecker visiting
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:10 pm

That is really nice, but that beast has not to hide himself for us...

He comes also very close to your home! Very good!
ergee
ergee

Female Taurus Posts : 6146

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:28 pm

13:25

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 Snap2212
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:30 pm

Today 4 bullfinches has arrived, 2 males and 2 females. I think they are the same as last winter. Now I hope that they too will find this feeder.....
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:24 pm

caysa wrote:Today 4 bullfinches has arrived, 2 males and 2 females. I think they are the same as last winter. Now I hope that they too will find this feeder.....
Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 726520
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:02 pm

What are those blue lights?? Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 711340
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Ricky wrote:What are those blue lights?? Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 711340

Hehe, hmmmmmmmmmm whistle

The story is this....
Juha had to cut a spruce that was growing too close to the power lines. I said that actually he could cut the top off and place it by the feeder. The birds will love all sorts of branches to sit on.
Ok, he did and then I said - hey we have a Chistmas tree there - now it only needs lights cyclops .
I did not know that he was really GOING to do that Laughing but he did.
Some years ago i bought this light chain for some purpose and it said "white light" on the box. When I later opened it they were BLUE What a Face ... So I have not used it for anything. Juha found them in the basement albino

I was not sure if the birds would come back - but they did and stayed even later than normal...
So we shall see what happens to the lights.... Suspect , if they stay or go.....
They somehow remind me of the Swedish cam lights lol!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:53 pm

I like the lights! Quite festive I love you
Bisky
Bisky

Female Sagittarius Posts : 4036

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:13 pm

Bisky wrote:I like the lights! Quite festive I love you

The electricity needs to be fixed more securely - then we can perhaps keep them Smile
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:24 pm

Laughing Laughing Nice story Wink

I just saw the recorded video of Juha putting the "Christmas tree" up Cool
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:07 pm

It snowed in the early morning hours, which caused a lot of birds to come to the feeder today:

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 181110firstbirdinsnow

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 181110busy

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 181110busy2
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:46 pm

Is that a banana for the birds??? I did not know they would eat that.
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:19 pm

Yes, that is a very frozen banana now lol!
Most birds like banana - it is sweet = energy
But if they can choose - the lard fat is better.
And now that it looks like the cold weather is here to stay I will remove the banana I think.... Who wants ice banana??
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:23 pm

Very interesting -- I learn a lot from you. I love you I am going to try putting one out on our feeder right now!
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:37 pm

Bisky wrote:Very interesting -- I learn a lot from you. I love you I am going to try putting one out on our feeder right now!
Cool!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:10 am

Bisky wrote:Very interesting -- I learn a lot from you. I love you ...

I am too! king
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:16 pm

A female Great spotted woodpecker visited a few times today.

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 231110woodpecker3

Link to the video:
WOODPECKER

And an injured(?) Great tit has been visiting since the very beginning but I have not caught it in a picture yet. It's head has had something happen to it. The lft side is odd - like there is something extra there. I will try and get a picture with my Olympus.... not easy as they fly away when they see something in the window. I am not sure that it even can see with the left eye....

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 Injuredbird

Link to video: INJURED GREAT TIT

caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:55 pm

caysa wrote:

And an injured(?) Great tit has been visiting .......

Musta is in big trouble now!!!! Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 Cid_28A65A98-DDF3-4FF8-A470-108C117D81F1
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:01 pm

Ophiophagus wrote:
caysa wrote:

And an injured(?) Great tit has been visiting .......

Musta is in big trouble now!!!! Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 Cid_28A65A98-DDF3-4FF8-A470-108C117D81F1
maybe this injure are of mousetraps problem not musta problem?
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:25 pm

I don't think it is Musta...... If Musta gets a bird - the bird has not much chance to fly off. But if the bird already is injured or ill, then Musta might get it.
And no mouse trap either.... We have one in the chicken food store room, but birds can't get in there...
I wish I could see better what is wrong with that bird... It acts really normal, eats well and is flying well too.
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:19 pm

male Greater Spotted Woodpecker and Great Tit Smile

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 Specht
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:22 pm

Yeah - the recorded bit lol!
Sorry, the cam was offline today - I had to do some puter work and the broadcasting slows it down a bit too much sometimes....
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:48 pm

Yeah, I noticed that a minute ago. Laughing I have a look on the cam only once in a while so I didn´t notice that... Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 45156 Laughing And now - when it should be dark - the woodpecker was still there in daylight. Shocked Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 711340 There had to be something wrong Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 45156
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:34 pm

Well, cool that you did see the woodpecker, it is not visiting all the time!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:59 am

caysa wrote:Yeah - the recorded bit lol!
Sorry, the cam was offline today - ....

...and yesterday, and the day before yesterday... whistle
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:52 am

But could you find time and stuff to feed them??
Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 322681 No, there are no worms now!

Here they don't want to try the banana..stupid...I will try to mix some very small pieces with breadcrumbs..to teach them what it tastes like.
Now they get: small pieces of bread mixed with some drops of italian oliv-oil, peanuts, granberries in small pieces, raisins, or/and currants, sunflower-seeds,
cheesepieces, some crumbs of rolled meat (without salt) fat bacon without salt
and a small thing with sugarwater...that freezes not soo fast and they cannot get into
it for a bath. There is hardly any snow left, so they need to find something to drink.
And: of course pieces of apple. Next week I probably go to Donna and Polle, there
I can put some half apples on the ground and put a piece of fat bacon on the trunk of a tree, so the woodpecker and every bird who likes it can come and eat...
Polle loves to see it!!
ergee
ergee

Female Taurus Posts : 6146

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:55 pm

ergee wrote:
Now they get: small pieces of bread mixed with some drops of italian oliv-oil,

I´m surprised that the birds eat that Wink lol! Laughing

ergee wrote:peanuts, granberries in small pieces, raisins, or/and currants, sunflower-seeds,
cheesepieces, some crumbs of rolled meat (without salt) fat bacon without salt
and a small thing with sugarwater...that freezes not soo fast and they cannot get into
it for a bath.

Which birds eat cheese? Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 711340 I´ve never heard of that before...
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Ricky wrote:
Which birds eat cheese? Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 7 711340 I´ve never heard of that before...

The hungry bird! Laughing
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next