Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers

+8
Admin
Laaly
Ophiophagus
Ricky
robin
AllyKass
naamah
caysa
12 posters

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Empty Re: GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers

Post by caysa Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:52 pm

No, sadly there is no guarantee for that.....
So I guess we have to manage somehow - the way we are GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 72972
caysa
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Empty Re: GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers

Post by robin Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:27 pm

I made today this roll cake, you made me slubbering for it, its with strawberrys and whipped cream and cottage cheese cream. Its my first roll cake i had ever made, it tastes better than looks lol!
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 P1370398
robin
robin

Female Posts : 3479

http://www.looduses.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:39 pm

I would taste it!! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 868810
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:25 pm

Awwwww, did you have to take such a close up picture????
I have nothing left of the chocolate cake, I gave it to daughet Anna she she had surprise guests coming.....
What do I do NOW????
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:55 pm

caysa wrote:Awwwww, did you have to take such a close up picture????
I have nothing left of the chocolate cake, I gave it to daughet Anna she she had surprise guests coming.....
What do I do NOW????
Make a new one, it takes not much time lol!
Picture is so close taken because it came so Laughing does it looks too tasty??
robin
robin

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:19 am

its AWFULLY tasty looking affraid
I so seldom get anything that someone else has made - I would love that!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:08 am

Deb’s Summer Chicken Salad

2 Chicken Breasts – cooked and cubed into bite size pieces (baked, gilled, etc.)
2 Artichokes – steamed, cooled, and leaves stripped into bowl and heart cubed
1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
½ Cup Diced Sweet Red Pepper
½ Cup Fresh Diced Chives
2 Cups Cashews (lightly salted or no salt preferably)

12 Ounces Lemon Yogurt
6 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
½ Teaspoon salt (omit if cashews are salted)

Fresh greens (lettuce, spinach, or both)

Mix chicken, artichokes, blueberries, red pepper, chives, and cashews in bowl. Set aside.

In another bowl, mix together the yogurt, mayonnaise, and salt. Pour into salad bowl, and gently mix until well coated.

Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Serve on a bed of fresh greens (I use spinach). Tastes even better the next day.

Two servings. Surprisingly light and filling.

Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 459

https://loodusloverslodge.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:54 am

Admin wrote:Deb’s Summer Chicken Salad

2 Chicken Breasts – cooked and cubed into bite size pieces (baked, gilled, etc.)
2 Artichokes – steamed, cooled, and leaves stripped into bowl and heart cubed
1 Cup Fresh Blueberries
½ Cup Diced Sweet Red Pepper
½ Cup Fresh Diced Chives
2 Cups Cashews (lightly salted or no salt preferably)

12 Ounces Lemon Yogurt
6 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
½ Teaspoon salt (omit if cashews are salted)

Fresh greens (lettuce, spinach, or both)

Mix chicken, artichokes, blueberries, red pepper, chives, and cashews in bowl. Set aside.

In another bowl, mix together the yogurt, mayonnaise, and salt. Pour into salad bowl, and gently mix until well coated.

Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Serve on a bed of fresh greens (I use spinach). Tastes even better the next day.

Two servings. Surprisingly light and filling.
mnjaa,it seems very interesting,
I
did too fowl salad, but with the cabbage and cucumber and tomatoes,
which could be harmful to sour cream and mayonnaise dressing, but I
liked better without it.

I would like a taste of your salad, but unfortunately we have not in shop artichokes and lemon yogurt and i cant eat chives,but this blueberry part seems interesting Smile
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:01 am

Awww, I have never tried blueberries in a salad!
Its blueberry time now GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 726520
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:20 pm

if you tired after swimm all days,you need good food and here is one:
2young zucchini
6 wiener (or ham,or mushrooms or meat or haricot)
paprika
4 egg
150 gr cheese
6 plume (if i dont use plumes,then i use dill and parsley)
littlebit milk
salt and pepper:
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Picture004

slice and cut up zucchini:
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Picture008

put it the pan with oil or butter:
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Picture010

then slice and cut up wieners and paprika and cheese:
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Picture011

put wieners and paprika to the pan:
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Picture015

then mix eggs with a little milk and add salt and pepper
put it to the pan and put lid to the pan, after few minut put plumes,that you halfed and taked stones (i dont know is in english really stones on plumes or called these with different word?)
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Picture016
plums turn on the cheese
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Picture017

few minits under the lid and voilaaa:
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Picture019
Please everyone take own plate!
it is said that its only mistake is that it has so little ...
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:36 pm

AllyKass wrote:if you tired after swimm all days,you need good food and here is one:
2young zucchini
paprika
4 egg
150 gr cheese
littlebit milk
salt and pepper:
Try it once instead of the plum with onion! Razz
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Ophiophagus wrote:
AllyKass wrote:if you tired after swimm all days,you need good food and here is one:
2young zucchini
paprika
4 egg
150 gr cheese
littlebit milk
salt and pepper:
Try it once instead of the plum with onion! Razz
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 152267 no nO NO!!!!!!!!!!
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Oh that looks so delicious!!!
Yummy!!! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 726520
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Empty A quick pastry when you get surprise visitors

Post by caysa Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:59 pm

I always have frozen puff pastry in the freezer for occasions like today. You get a call from some friends that tell you that they are on their way to visit you lol! .

Out comes the pastry:

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Torttutaikinalevyt225

Put them on a baking paper to melt and cut them into squares.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Voitaikinalevyt

While they melt (15 - 20 minutes) make the filling.
Take 3 dl of cream or milk, mix with 3 egg yolks, some sugar and vanilla sugar and 2 tablespoons of potato flour.
Heat gently while mixing all the time. When the filling thickens - take it off the heat and let cool a bit.
Make an indent with a glass on every pastry square. Put one good tablespoon of the filling there.
Sprinkle the edges with fine castor sugar, that will make the pastry shiny and crispy.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Mansikkawienerit1

Bake in the middle of the oven until light brown in 225 C (12-15 minutes)
They should look like this:

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Mansikkawienerit2

Now decorate with fresh strawberry slices.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Mansikkawienerit3

A cup of coffee and everyone is happy Basketball

Last edited by caysa on Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:02 pm

Oh they look so delicious, I am slubbering already GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 2966
robin
robin

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:03 pm

last time you made the swiss roll for the first time - maybe you will do these now???
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:08 pm

Its thinkable idea bounce this cream is my favorite, good that you put this description here Smile
robin
robin

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:10 pm

robin wrote:Its thinkable idea bounce this cream is my favorite, good that you put this description here Smile

You can make it in many ways, you can even use the ones you can buy as a powder (Blå Band or something similar - vanilla cream/sauce)- just add less liquid in it.
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:11 pm

caysa wrote:

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Mansikkawienerit3

despite the fact that I have a very full stomach, I will be able now to eat 3 pastry clown
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:12 pm

caysa wrote:
robin wrote:Its thinkable idea bounce this cream is my favorite, good that you put this description here Smile

You can make it in many ways, you can even use the ones you can buy as a powder (Blå Band or something similar - vanilla cream/sauce)- just add less liquid in it.
Ahhaa, clever tip, I know this sauce bounce
robin
robin

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:18 pm

AllyKass wrote:
caysa wrote:

despite the fact that I have a very full stomach, I will be able now to eat 3 pastry clown

There is always room for something sweet flower

How is it, Ally.... You are working with cakes - do you still like to eat them??
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:39 pm

caysa wrote:
AllyKass wrote:
caysa wrote:

There is always room for something sweet flower

How is it, Ally.... You are working with cakes - do you still like to eat them??
I am still working with a computer, a good cake still fit GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 20748
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:42 am

That is cool then, if you had to look and smell cakes and pastries all the time.... it might be a different matter lol!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Empty Sweet buns, the way Siim, Okaskera's son, likes them!

Post by caysa Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:44 am

I think I am getting rid of my flu - I want to bake!!!!

Let's start with the ingredients!

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko1

Warm the milk to 37 C = finger warm. If it gets too warm the yeast will die and the dough will not rise.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko2

Out the milk in a bowl (I use my kitchen assistant GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 726520 ) and add the yeast and the sugar.
Whisk until the sugar has melted.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko3

Then add the salt, cardamon, egg and about 5 dl of the flour. Now whisk even more. The dough will catch a lot of air and it will become nice!
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko4

Now add more flour - I added 7½ = all together 12 ½ dl. The less flour you manage to use, the better and lighter the buns will become.
At this stage you must use POWER lol! . Kneeding the dough is important. Think of something that makes you mad and work the dough as hard as you can. It is sticky...... I know! 15 - 20 minutes by hand with some rest in between.
This way we get the gluten in the flour working and the dough becomes stretchy.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko5

Now it is time to add the butter in smaller knobs. Then work the dough again until the butter is well mixed in.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko6

Old recipes say that the dough is ready when it starts to fall of the bowls edges.... I don't agree - you will get buns that are so hard that you can kill someone with them. My dough looks loke this when it is ready for rising.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko7

Now I put some flour in the bottom of a bowl (if you have the dough in the bowl already - just leave it there)
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko8

.... and transfer the dough (sticky job tongue )
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko9

Then I cover the bowl with plastic film. You can also just use a tea towel, but the plastic keeps the warmth inside better.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko10

Then you have to find a draught free place for the dough to rise. Also it should be pretty warm.
I like to use the micro oven!! It is small enough to keep the warmth that the dough creates.
But whatever you do - DO NOT START THE MICRO !!!!GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko11

Last edited by caysa on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:42 pm

After 1 hour the dough looks like this - at least twice the big!
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko12

Now you prepare you baking trays by covering them with baking paper. If you don't have 3 baking trays - just put the paper on the table and transfer to the tray when it is free.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko13

Sprinkle flour on the table and tip the dough out. Use flour all the time to handle the dough.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko14

Give the dough a short kneed to get rid of air bubbles. Flatten it out a bit and cut into 2 pieces.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko13a

Put 2 pieces aside and make a long "sausage" of the third one.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko15

Cut it into 12 pieces.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko16

Roll every piece either between your hands or against the table to balls. Use flour again to prevent sticking.
Place the dough ball on the tray.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko17

Cover with a tea towel and leave to rest and rise for about ½ hour. Do the same to the 2 other dough pieces.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko18
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:22 pm

While the buns are rising - prepare for the next step.
Put oven to 225 C.
Whisk one egg with a fork and have a brush ready.
Cut some cold butter into small cubes (1cm X 1cm) and have some fine sugar handy.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko19

Gently brush the buns on the first tray with whisked egg.GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko20

Make an indent in every bun with your thumb.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko21

Place a buuter cube in each hole.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko22

Put one teaspoon of sugar on top.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko23

When the oven is ready - plave the oven tray on the middle of the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko24
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:53 pm

Take out the buns but leave them on the tray to cool. The melted butter on the bottom will be partly absorbed by the buns and make them even better!
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko26

Cover the tray with a tea towel while they cool.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko27

Here they are!!!
I never said they are low calory buns lol!
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 Pullanteko25

Last edited by caysa on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:54 pm

great recipe with pic's!!! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 868810
oh, i want just now do this...but i havnt nothing here Razz
they seems so njämm njämm GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 20748
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:57 pm

HAAAA!! You missed the best pics affraid ....

Ally, hop on a boat and come here!!! You can eat as many as you want!!!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:23 pm

The making of the photographs and upload lasted longer, than the baking ! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 4 269386
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 18  Next