Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers

+8
Admin
Laaly
Ophiophagus
Ricky
robin
AllyKass
naamah
caysa
12 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Empty Re: GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers

Post by robin Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:25 pm

What can i say....njämm njämm GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 646609
robin
robin

Female Posts : 3479

http://www.looduses.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Empty Re: GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers

Post by Bisky Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:19 pm

Caysa, you bake the best desserts! (Lining a cake pan with bread crumbs is a new one to me.) Does it need a frosting or some whipped cream when served?
Bisky
Bisky

Female Sagittarius Posts : 4036

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:42 am

those look sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy lol

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:48 am

AllyKass wrote: this 2 dl of potato starch or maize starch makes it different of usual pound cake?
but as usual,your cakes seems yummy and i want just eat these
clown

That makes it more fluffy and light, like cotton wool GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Icon_clown

Last edited by caysa on Sat May 08, 2010 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
caysa
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:54 am

How does that tast? I never have eaten cotton wool..please tell me!
ergee
ergee

Female Taurus Posts : 6146

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:34 am

Well haha!!
You have to bake a cake and you will see!!!
Actually I referred to the texture, not the taste GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 646609 , the taste is..... yummy, cognacy, buttery, like grandma used to make them GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 726520
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:26 pm

caysa wrote: Well haha!!
Actually I referred to the texture, not the taste GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 646609 , the taste is..... yummy, cognacy, buttery, like grandma used to make them GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 726520

Cannot you send me your freezer with such a cake in it?? Or only the cognac? GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 88479 GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 391243
ergee
ergee

Female Taurus Posts : 6146

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 5:37 am

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm my Gramma never made drunk cakes
giggle

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue May 04, 2010 6:01 am

Bisky wrote: Caysa, you bake the best desserts! (Lining a cake pan with bread crumbs is a new one to me.) Does it need a frosting or some whipped cream when served?

Awwwww lol - we actually like this type of cakes with coffee. And I don't think it needs ANYTHING - the cognac taste is cool enough!

The bread crumbs lining is a very old trick - it will NOT stick at all when you try to get it out after baking!

Last edited by caysa on Sat May 08, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue May 04, 2010 6:02 am

ergee wrote: quote by "caysa" Well haha!!
Actually I referred to the texture, not the taste GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 646609 , the taste is..... yummy, cognacy, buttery, like grandma used to make them
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 726520

Cannot you send me your freezer with such a cake in it?? Or only the cognac?
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 88479 GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 391243

Actually this cake will keep in room temperature for weeks (that's if it isn't eaten GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Icon_lol )

Last edited by caysa on Sat May 08, 2010 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue May 04, 2010 6:04 am

AnnaXLA1 wrote: ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm my Gramma never made drunk cakes
giggle

She should have!! Keeps Grandpa from getting too drunk GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Lol GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Lol GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Lol

And there's no alcohol left after baking it - so even I can enjoy the taste of cognac GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Icon_flower

Last edited by caysa on Sat May 08, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 07, 2010 4:09 am

lol Caysa

Back to top Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Empty Nettles

Post by caysa Fri May 14, 2010 6:53 pm

Pick your nettles in the afternoon of a sunny day. This reduces the nitrates in the nettles (same goes for picking spinage too).
You need a basket or a bucket and most importantly you need gloves!!
I like to use double surgical gloves, but also other gloves are ok as long as you can pick with them on.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Doublegloves1

Pick the nettles from clean places, not by busy roads and not from composts or dung heaps (there is too much nitrates in those places).
The best time to pick them is when they are small, 5cm - 20cm. Later on you can still pick but the you pick only the top of bigger nettles.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Nettles1

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Nettles2

If you pick them one by one it is much easier to clean them later.
I picked this much in about an hour.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Basket2

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Basket1

Now I will rinse and clean them..... more will follow....
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Fri May 14, 2010 8:03 pm

Shocked From this much it is possible to brew much tea! Laughing
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Fri May 14, 2010 8:10 pm

caysa can make soups and pancakes of them and many other odd green stuff. GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Icon_rolleyes
robin
robin

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri May 14, 2010 8:44 pm

I rinse them in the sink in lots of water. A good help is kitchen tongs!!

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Rinsing2

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Rinsing

Then I clean the nettles one by one so that I can nip off bits of root or woody stems. Also all bits of grass and other plants are easy to remove that way. This is the most time consuming bit. Remember the gloves.....

This much is what I have cleaned off:

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Leftovers

And here are the nettles in two bowles - one last rinsing before cooking.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Rinsing3
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri May 14, 2010 9:03 pm

I cook this amount in two lots. Put the nettles in a large pot and fill it with cold water. Let it heat and when it starts cooking turn the nettles around every now and then for 5 minutes.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Cooking

Take the nettles out and drain them. They have now "melted" til a lot!!!

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Drain

Trow away the "dirty" water. (some people would save it and drink it, but I prefer not to, because here are the nitrates....) I kindly ask Juha to take it outside to the compost - it is very good there !!

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Dirtywater
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Fri May 14, 2010 9:08 pm

I could starve if its ready, it takes the century to get something edible from it GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Lol
robin
robin

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri May 14, 2010 9:12 pm

HAHA!!! Well you will not get anything tonight, that's for sure!!
This is the gathering part, like picking berries.
When this job is done then you can take it from the freezer and use it for food. And then it is "fast food" GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Lol
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Fri May 14, 2010 9:16 pm

so,its interesting, i wait the next capture Cool
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri May 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Now both lots have been cooked and drained - time for the blender.
You can also cut the with a good knife but it takes more time and you will not get it quite so fine.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Blender

And this is all what is left of that basket fullGOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Lol but in every little box is enough for a 4 persons meal. I freeze about 3 tablespoon in each box.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Portions

I am not sure when I will cook the first meal - who knows, maybe tomorrow GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Icon_clown

That's it for tonight!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Fri May 14, 2010 10:33 pm

ok,thanks,it was cool....hope the meal will cool, too cheers
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Empty Nettle pancakes/ crepes

Post by caysa Sat May 15, 2010 7:52 pm

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Pancake2

4 eggs
1½ - 2 teaspoons salt
1 liter milk
5 dl flour
3 tablespoons of nettle mix
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Beat the eggs lightly, add salt and milk.
Add flour and mix well until everything is smooth.
Add the nettle mix and mix it in.
Leave the batter to rest for at least ½ hour.
Just before you start frying the pancakes / crepes you add the oil.

Heat a frying pan and fry MANY pancakes /crepes GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 726520
The batter should be quite thin so be careful that you dont use too much in the pan.
They should come out thin and crispy around the edges.

I want to get them done quickly so I use two pans GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Icon_clown

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Pancake1

We like to eat them with a little butter that melts on the top......
And this is how Saga eats them - she rolls them and eats them by hand. Can you tell that she likes them????

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Pancake3
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Sat May 15, 2010 7:58 pm

They look cool GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Icon_cheers
robin
robin

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat May 15, 2010 7:59 pm

robin wrote:They look cool GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Icon_cheers
No, they are HOT GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 849949 GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 849949 GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 849949
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat May 15, 2010 8:05 pm

oh,now i want to make them GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 868810 ....nettles, where are you!!!! cyclops clown
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Empty Nettle soup

Post by caysa Sat May 15, 2010 8:14 pm

3 tablespoons of butter or margarine
½ dl of flour (you can use up to 3/4 dl if you want a thicker soup)
1 l milk
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon of sugar - gives a lovely smooth finish
a little white peppar
3 tablespoons of nettle mix
-----
1 hard boiled egg for every person

Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour. Dont let it brown - just mix them together.
Add the milk little by little mixing well all the time. Be careful not to burn it!!
Add salt, sugar, peppar and nettle mix. Let cook on slow heat for a few minutes. Mix all the time to prevent burning.
(if you have a double boiler it would be perfect to use now)

Serve with 2 egg halves "swimmimg" in the soup.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 1264790330_img-d41d8cd98f00b204e980
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat May 15, 2010 8:15 pm

AllyKass wrote:oh,now i want to make them GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 868810 ....nettles, where are you!!!! cyclops clown

--- and no onions either GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Icon_cheers
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat May 15, 2010 8:30 pm

haha,soup have no onions, but seems like sweet flowerghost Smile
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun May 16, 2010 6:53 am

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Icon_cyclops GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 14 Icon_cyclops
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next