Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers

+8
Admin
Laaly
Ophiophagus
Ricky
robin
AllyKass
naamah
caysa
12 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Empty Re: GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers

Post by caysa Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:49 pm

leanne wrote:wow i finally saw those sausages ehehe well they must have been tasty.
i just put sheep thing into the oven (that one what is used for heating a house) with a metal pot, so i don't know if i will stay waiting to take it out today or maybe tomorrow morning, that also happens sometimes GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_smile

Ahhhhh - slow long cooking is the best thing!!!
caysa
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Empty Re: GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers

Post by ergee Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:09 am

Smile Good morning Leanne, your avatar is so interesting, did you draw it yourself or can it be a drawing of Paul Flora, a welknown artist who lived until May 2009 in Tirol, Austria? At http://www.paulflora.com/-12k- you can see some things he made. He also "did" lots of crows and raven.
How does your oven look? I have no idea how a house-heating thing can cook such nice and tasty food...I would like to be able to cook and bake like you and Caysa..mmmmm GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 77978
ergee
ergee

Female Taurus Posts : 6146

Back to top Go down

Post by leanne Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:01 pm

ergee wrote:GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_smile Good morning Leanne, your avatar is so interesting, did you draw it yourself or can it be a drawing of Paul Flora, a welknown artist who lived until May 2009 in Tirol, Austria? At http://www.paulflora.com/-12k- you can see some things he made. He also "did" lots of crows and raven.
How does your oven look? I have no idea how a house-heating thing can cook such nice and tasty food...I would like to be able to cook and bake like you and Caysa..mmmmm GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 77978

Hey Ergee!! Smile) good evening! yes i drawed it myself, i like to draw crows/ravens as well eheh

thanks for the page, some really nice pictures indeed Smile

i made pictures from the oven, the sheep was nice, already eaten Smile

i can't post pictures now, this screen is too little for showing this host program button for uploading :s and the box here too little, i try after a while in the other computer
leanne
leanne

Aries Posts : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by leanne Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:10 pm

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Ahi112
closed

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Ahi211
open

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Ahi311
in full height from other side

Last edited by leanne on Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : jee, caysa, it works :):))
leanne
leanne

Aries Posts : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:29 pm

Wow cool!!!
I must openly admit that I didn't know about this picture hosting system ("Host an image" button) GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_redface . But this is a very easy and quick way to get your pics uploaded to the forum. Only negative thing about it seems to be that you don't get an account. (well I have not found it yet, maybe. But on the other hand - you have the pics in you files on your computer anyway.
I will try and explain this better in another thread.
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Empty Big Carrot cake

Post by caysa Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:04 am

Saga has a Halloween Party at kindergarten tomorrow.
Everyone should bring something to eat. So.....
I am making a carrot cake using the big roasting pan.
I didn't think of taking pictures until now that it is already on the oven, sorry!! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 191264
The idea with the pig pan/tin is to be able to cut out many small cakes - enough for everyone to have a taste.

6 eggs
4 dl sugar
4 dl flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsk cinnamon
2 tsk vanilla
the grated zest of 1 lemon
2 dl vegetable oil (NOT olive oil!)
6 dl finely grated carrot

Whisk eggs and sugar and oil just to mix properly.
Mix dry ingredients and add gently stiring to the egg mix.
Add the grated carrot.
Put baking paper into the pan and pour the mix into it.
Bake in the middle of the oven in 175C foir about 30 - 35 minutes

Let the cake cool.

The original topping that I usually use is this:

150 grams Philadelphia cheese (or other creme cheese - unflavoured)
100 grams soft butter
7 dl confectioner´s sugar (powder sugar)
lemon zest or vanilla for flavour

Just mix everything together and spread on the cake

Today I will make another topping - a very simple one using confectioner's sugar and lemon juice + water.
I do this because there are a couple of children at the kindergarten that are allergic to milk protein. I want them to be able to taste some carrot cake too GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_lol

This time I cut the cake into small squares before I put topping on...
It looks nicer when the topping is put on before cutting - you can spread it to cover everything - but i wanted to use a bit less topping so that the kids don't get high on sugar GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Drunken_smilie

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Carrotcake
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Empty Raisin and buttermilk cake, YUMMY!!!!

Post by caysa Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Tomorrow is Father's Day in Finland. Saga wanted to bake a cake for Daddy.

Raisin and buttermilk cake (absolute favorite in our house!)

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Ingredients

3dl buttermilk (Eesti = pett, Magyar = Ă­rĂ³nak,)
1 1/2 tsp baking soda 2 desilitraa sokeria
2 dl dark syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamon
3 dl raisins
200 gr melted butter
6 dl flour

Preheat the oven to 180 C.
Mix all the ingredients in this order in a bowl.
Grease one big (or 2 or 3 smaller tins) and sprinkle with breadcrums.
Put the batter in the tin.
Bake in the lower part of the oven for 45 - 50 minutes.

Saga really did mix the batter all by herself GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_cheers

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Taikinasaga

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Vuoat

Normally I dont use any topping on this cake but because Saga was deciding I made a typical carrot cake topping for them.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Kakut

Daddy's cake GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 726520
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Pellekakku
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:31 pm

little princess really love her daddy! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 726520
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:33 pm

caysa wrote:

Daddy's cake GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 726520
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Pellekakku

Very sweet! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Smiley_55
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:40 pm

AllyKass wrote:little princess really love her daddy! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 726520

Oh yes, she does, and she also loves to decorate!! She is making cards and all sort of "art" using glue and lots of small glittery things GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_lol
One day, when I said that I dont have anymore glittery stuff - she opened the drawer where I have my baking ingredients... And she took out this:
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Nonparelli_kirjava
VOILA!! That worked quite well with glue on paper GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Lol
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:52 pm

caysa wrote:
AllyKass wrote:little princess really love her daddy! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 726520

Oh yes, she does, and she also loves to decorate!! She is making cards and all sort of "art" using glue and lots of small glittery things GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_lol
One day, when I said that I dont have anymore glittery stuff - she opened the drawer where I have my baking ingredients... And she took out this:
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Nonparelli_kirjava
VOILA!! That worked quite well with glue on paper GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Lol

oojaaa,i rember that the neighbor girls big sisters lipsticks and eye shadows and nail varnish was suitable to make the card very well GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Lol
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:20 pm

(I can only imagine how happy that big sister was when she found out GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Fresse )
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:25 pm

caysa wrote:(I can only imagine how happy that big sister was when she found out GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Fresse )
mhmh, but..we had quick feet GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_clown
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:37 pm

AllyKass wrote:
caysa wrote:(I can only imagine how happy that big sister was when she found out GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Fresse )
mhmh, but..we had quick feet GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_clown
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Smiley_runningGOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Smiley_runningGOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Smiley_running
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:40 pm

I must try also this cake, it is very easy to do GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_cheers
She is big girl already to bake the cake GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_cool
robin
robin

Female Posts : 3479

http://www.looduses.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:59 pm

robin wrote:I must try also this cake, it is very easy to do GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_cheers
She is big girl already to bake the cake GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_cool

Yes, it is very easy!! Just remember to measure the ingredients before you start - then its done so quickly.
And it smells almost like Christmas in the house afterwords GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 726520

And yes, Saga is becoming a big girl - she is always helping in the kitchen GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_flower
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:46 pm

Ajvar (Serbian paprika sauce)

1/2 kg californian paprika,
1 head onion,
2 dl of olivaolaj,
1 spoon sweet paprika,
hot pepper, garlic, salt, vinegar.

The paprikas onto a quarter clock I put it into a boiling oven and I skin him.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 2009_117

I cut it up into small pieces together with the onion and a couple cloves of garlic and I steam it being stirred until 5 minutes in little oil. I involve the rest of the oil and the paprika milling products in it. After getting cold nice I blend it with a blender. I flavour it with salt and vinegar. I pour it into little glass and is until a 1/2 clock I presrevation it .
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 2009_113
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:15 pm

CigĂ¡nypecsenye roston (Fried pork cutlets on a grill)

Ingredients:
4 big slices bald
2 tablespoonsful of oil
4-5 cloves of garlic
0,5 dl of white wine
salt, ground pepper, ground red paprika

The fillets slightly knock ,we put salt on it. We throw in the side of the slices, that let a straight be left at the time of baking. We mix the crushed garlic, the pepper, the paprika and the wine into the oil. We put the fillets into it and we ripen it through cool place, some clocks.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 2009_114

We pour it down picked out of the marinade, and we roast both of his sides to a crisp on a grate, we sprinkle it with the backward pickling solution several times meanwhile.
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 2009_115

Steak potato.

We wash the potato, with a shell lengthwise towards 4 we cut it. We mix the crushed garlic, the pepper, the paprika and the wine into the oil. We turn the potato round in this marinade.
The potato careful onto the grill grid we put it into the grill perpendicularly. On a medium temperature until 10-12 minutes roast, onto auburn one is not frying.
The potato hot, with spicy ketchup or with AJVAR we serve it.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 2009_116
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:20 pm

Awwwwww!!!
Now this is real winter food!!!!
This Ajvar sounds so delicios!!!!!

How long can I have it in the fridge?? Will it go bad quickly?
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:41 pm

caysa wrote:Awwwwww!!!
Now this is real winter food!!!!
This Ajvar sounds so delicios!!!!!

How long can I have it in the fridge?? Will it go bad quickly?
If he succeeds it sterilely to put, then until 2-3 months sure lasting.
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:17 pm

This pork looks so delicious GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 2966 but the paprica is not my favorite GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 269386 you sure know how to cook GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 868810
robin
robin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:45 am

Interesting people live in Estonia. One do not like the paprika, the other one hates the onion. They built up a railroad historical museum, but it forgets connect to the railroad, etc.....GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Smiley_15
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:48 am

Ophiophagus wrote:Interesting people live in Estonia. One do not like the paprika, the other one hates the onion. They built up a railroad historical museum, but it forgets connect to the railroad, etc.....GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Smiley_15
i dont know about that you talking,i was so "kuss kuss" (quits) GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Lol
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:11 pm

Ophiophagus wrote:Interesting people live in Estonia. One do not like the paprika, the other one hates the onion. They built up a railroad historical museum, but it forgets connect to the railroad, etc.....GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Smiley_15
Yes, Ophy, you can find every kind of people here GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Lol
robin
robin

Back to top Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Empty THE BEST CHRISTMAS MUSTARD EVER, SWEET AND STRONG!!

Post by caysa Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:48 pm

CHRISTMAS MUSTARD (JOULUSINAPPI)

7,5 dl mustard power (Cohlmans or similar)
7,5 dl sugar
10 dl cream (no light versions GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Icon_razz )
5 eggs
0,5 dl balsamic vinegar
0,5 dl cognac or brandy

Mix the mustard power and sugar in a saucepan. Add the cream and the eggs.
Heat slowly until it starts cooking. Stir all the time! When it starts to thicken it is ready.
Let cool and then add the balsamic vinegar and the cognac.

Fill clean jars with it (I use baby food jars) and tie a nice ribbon around. Perfect present for food loving friends!

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Sinappi
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:02 pm

you make yourself mustard too.....wow GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 868810
...but i like only one brand mustard...dijoni whole grains mustard...its not so strong and you can eat it with bread and cheese too
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:34 pm

I want different mustar with different food. This one is sooooo good with ham.

It is so hot that you will......
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Orig_277174187

Last edited by caysa on Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:37 pm

caysa wrote:I want different mustar with different food. This one is sooooo good with ham.

It is so hot that you will......
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Orig_277174187
...fly! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 912946
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:48 pm

Yes you will get both wings and horns GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 636263 GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 849949
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:52 pm

yeah,i have saw GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 Lol
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 8 N%C3%B5id%2B
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next