Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia)

+6
Laaly
Ricky
AllyKass
caysa
garina do mar
Bisky
10 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Empty Re: American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia)

Post by garina do mar Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:09 am

No pics from Ricky!!!
If you are too lazy to use imageshack you can use serving. It's much more easy nod
garina do mar
garina do mar
Admin

http://milhasnauticas.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Empty Re: American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia)

Post by caysa Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:34 am

I right clicked one of those squares to see what ricky has TRIED to do American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 711340
We can see that Ricky is using Mozilla American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Icon_clown , but no way we will see the screenshots American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Lol

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Moz
caysa
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:32 pm

caysa wrote:I right clicked one of those squares to see what ricky has TRIED to do American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 711340
We can see that Ricky is using Mozilla American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Icon_clown , but no way we will see the screenshots American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Lol

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Lol American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Lol Yeah, Mozilla Firefox American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 989401 American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Icon_lol
Ricky
Ricky

Male Posts : 9253

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Do you still have the screenshots?? Now we have heard so much about them NOT beeing here, so you better load them to imageshack or somewhere. WANNA SEE THEM !!! American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Icon_basketball

GRRR, I just heard something that made me sooo angry....
One farmer near us had put a dead pig out for foxes and other animals. Yesterday he saw ravens there. I was looking forward to maybe hear about something cool visiting the carcus. And yes.... Now I heard that his wife (stupid woman) had seen a Golden eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) there. And for some reason she thinks they are really horrible birds and she had gone outside and shouted and waved until it flew away American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 647758 .
I was hoping to perhaps get a picture one day.....
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:55 pm

oh...don't afraid,this eagle will back Cool
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:59 pm

it get sunshine now American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 726520
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:45 pm

caysa wrote:Do you still have the screenshots?? Now we have heard so much about them NOT beeing here, so you better load them to imageshack or somewhere. WANNA SEE THEM !!! American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Icon_basketball

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Icon_lol Since my printscreen button is also my fraps button I still have the pics (I have no idea why there were 3 boxes - I only took 2 scrennshots which are very similar, so I only post one)
American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Firefox2010020622112908

caysa wrote:GRRR, I just heard something that made me sooo angry....
One farmer near us had put a dead pig out for foxes and other animals. Yesterday he saw ravens there. I was looking forward to maybe hear about something cool visiting the carcus. And yes.... Now I heard that his wife (stupid woman) had seen a Golden eagle (Aquila chrysaetos) there. And for some reason she thinks they are really horrible birds and she had gone outside and shouted and waved until it flew away American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 647758 .
I was hoping to perhaps get a picture one day.....

Crazy people everywhere... American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 842654

Can you see the carcass from your home?
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:00 pm

No, I can't see the carcass from here, I am not 100% sure were it is but I guess it is behind their pig sty. That would mean it is about 1 km from here. Let's see if they will let us know when they see it again.
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:02 pm

It looks like a better day for sitting on the eggs -- this is Dad taking his turn

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 2010-034

This is another eagle nest farther north near Washington, DC. They were hit with almost 2 feet of snow. This looks pretty hopeless to me

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 2010-035

http://outdoorchannel.com/Conservation/EagleCam.aspx

The eagle has now left -- I do not know if it is just taking a break, or has finally given up. It is hard to see if there even is an egg among the snow. American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 711340

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 2010-036
Bisky
Bisky

Female Sagittarius Posts : 4036

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:12 pm

OMG affraid That doesn´t look good at all......
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:55 pm

One eagle is back on the snow!!!! Trying to fix the place!!!
How heart breaking American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 751609
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:46 am

garina do mar wrote:I think I know this cam nod
Isn't it the cam where 2 years ago they had to make a chirurgy to the chick?

Garina, this is a recent picture of the eaglet that they had to take from the nest because of avian pox on his beak. He is quite handsome, although his beak is a little crooked. American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Herz Since he cannot be released into the wild, he is being trained "to sit calmly on a handler’s gloved hand, so that the eagle could be taken to programs and presentations off-site."

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Januar10
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:38 pm

10:25

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Untitled0180
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:54 pm

it seems to be happy with it's life Laughing
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by garina do mar Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:57 pm

Bisky wrote:
garina do mar wrote:I think I know this cam nod
Isn't it the cam where 2 years ago they had to make a chirurgy to the chick?

Garina, this is a recent picture of the eaglet that they had to take from the nest because of avian pox on his beak. He is quite handsome, although his beak is a little crooked. American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Herz Since he cannot be released into the wild, he is being trained "to sit calmly on a handler’s gloved hand, so that the eagle could be taken to programs and presentations off-site."

Poor young eagle! But I'm glad that they saved him
Thanks for the news American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 191264
garina do mar
garina do mar
Admin

http://milhasnauticas.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:58 am

Mom and Dad Monday morning waiting, waiting, waiting for the eggs to hatch -- probably at least another week.

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 2010-140

It appears that a brave (or stupid) squirrel has made its home in the bottom section of the nest -- this also happened two years ago. Notice how Dad is checking him out -- maybe a future meal?

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Squirr11
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:05 am

animals or birds are often subtenant, maybe squirrel think, that eagle can protect him American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Lol
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:19 am

This is going to be interesting American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 711340
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:44 pm

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Untitled0010
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:27 pm

If the first egg survived the snow storm on the day it was laid, it should be hatching very soon.American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Chicke10
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:36 pm

Bisky wrote:If the first egg survived the snow storm on the day it was laid, it should be hatching very soon.American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Chicke10
Oh yes!!! 38 days..... If it at all is like with hens it might have got a bit cold but that wouldn't kill it, just delay the development a few days. Let's hope for the best!!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:54 pm

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Waitin10

This is a post from one of the the wildlife biologists that studies these eagles:

Quote:

It is very obvious that the female knows that one of the eggs is trying to hatch. DGIF and I have reviewed photos and are watching closely, but have not yet seen a hole in any of the 3 eggs. Will be very soon though.
by Reese F Lukei Jr at 4:07 PM
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:22 am

Dinner tonight is squirrel -- might it be the pesty downstairs neighbor?

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 2010-159
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:06 am

ooh,no,then this squirrel was really stupid... slap
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:52 am

It is very obvious that the female knows that one of the eggs is trying to hatch. DGIF and I have reviewed photos and are watching closely, but have not yet seen a hole in any of the 3 eggs. Will be very soon though.

The mom can hear the chick inside the egg. About 24 hours before hatching the chicks starts "talking". (I tend to listen to my hens eggs when I know they are near to hatch - you can hear them loud and clear - peep peep peep). I think we will soon see a chick there!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:19 pm

Mom and dad changed places and the eggs were visible. Still intact but there is no doubt it, the parents do listen American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 726520

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Norfolk11031

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Norfolk11033

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Norfolk11032
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:26 pm

First egg hatched!

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 2010-162

The biologist said the little fluff ball in back of the egg shell is the eaglet.
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:46 pm

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:57 pm

American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 Bounce
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:59 pm

I saw the eaglet American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 726520 American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 726520 American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 726520 American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 726520 American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 726520 American Bald Eagle - Norfolk Botanical Gardens (Virginia) - Page 2 726520

caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next