Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ricky´s hut

+6
Laaly
robin
garina do mar
AllyKass
caysa
Ricky
10 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Empty Re: Ricky´s hut

Post by robin Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:14 pm

Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Fresse this is terrible, nature is gone wild and more wild.
robin
robin

Female Posts : 3479

http://www.looduses.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:14 pm

AllyKass wrote:affraid why that was happend???????????

Nobody knows (yet). Ricky´s hut - Page 7 204849 There was no heavy rain and no earthquake - that are the usual reasons for stone and sand avalanches...
Ricky
Ricky

Male Posts : 9253

Back to top Go down

Post by garina do mar Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Ricky wrote:Look what happened just a very few kilometres west of Lienz - a huge stone and sand avanlance Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Affraid

http://www.kleinezeitung.at/tirol/lienz/leisach/2297541/hangrutsch-osttirol-verschuettete-strasse-100-meter.story

Very early on Saturday morning the avanlance burst off in an altitude of 1500m and came down to the valley (that is an altitude of about 700m), crossed river Drava and overwhelmed the main road of the valley. Luckily nobody got injured or died.
River Drava is not in its riverbed anymore - it´s flowing across the road and towards the railway embankment (as you see it the upper right pic). As a result there won´t be any train service during the next days.
Until Friday the road will be closed.
Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Moz-screenshot-17Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Moz-screenshot-18

There are lots of things like this happening in Portugal this winter. Here it is because of too much rain: the soil is totaly wet and thus much more heavy and slopes fail.

In several highways there were lands sliding on adjacent slopes filling the road with soil. The circle road around Lisbon - CREL - is closed in one way since a month ago, they are still taking out soil and there are others where that happened also.

It's not necessary to have heavy rain, only continuous rain that makes the soil wet and heavier than usual
garina do mar
garina do mar
Admin

http://milhasnauticas.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:48 pm

garina do mar wrote:
Ricky wrote:Look what happened just a very few kilometres west of Lienz - a huge stone and sand avanlance Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Affraid

http://www.kleinezeitung.at/tirol/lienz/leisach/2297541/hangrutsch-osttirol-verschuettete-strasse-100-meter.story

Very early on Saturday morning the avanlance burst off in an altitude of 1500m and came down to the valley (that is an altitude of about 700m), crossed river Drava and overwhelmed the main road of the valley. Luckily nobody got injured or died.
River Drava is not in its riverbed anymore - it´s flowing across the road and towards the railway embankment (as you see it the upper right pic). As a result there won´t be any train service during the next days.
Until Friday the road will be closed.
Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Moz-screenshot-17Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Moz-screenshot-18

There are lots of things like this happening in Portugal this winter. Here it is because of too much rain: the soil is totaly wet and thus much more heavy and slopes fail.

In several highways there were lands sliding on adjacent slopes filling the road with soil. The circle road around Lisbon - CREL - is closed in one way since a month ago, they are still taking out soil and there are others where that happened also.

It's not necessary to have heavy rain, only continuous rain that makes the soil wet and heavier than usual

Well, we had no continuous rain either. We had snow and one day of rain Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_wink
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by garina do mar Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:03 am

Was there a possibility that the soil was more wet or more heavy? For instance if something was built in the last monthes on the top of the hill?
Or that the river escavated the down part of the slope?
I tried to read the article but I miss lots of words in German. I'll try to translate it...
garina do mar
garina do mar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:16 am

garina do mar wrote:Was there a possibility that the soil was more wet or more heavy? For instance if something was built in the last monthes on the top of the hill?
Or that the river escavated the down part of the slope?
I tried to read the article but I miss lots of words in German. I'll try to translate it...

Very wet soil is quite unlikely - in winter the sun hardly reaches that part of the mountain and so the snow did not melt yet.
It´s a steep mountain - not just a hill Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_lol No way to build anything up there (it WOULD be possible to build something but nobody would do it)
I think river Drava is too small to really escavate anything - I think... Ricky´s hut - Page 7 711340

In the text they say that nobody knows any reasons yet. We will have to wait...
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by garina do mar Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:55 am

Yes nod I went through the article (german to english/french translation is not so bad) and they say that don't know yet.

Let´s wait
garina do mar
garina do mar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:41 am

Amazing... you are not safe anywhere........ Nature rules!!
caysa
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Tomorrow I will be in town so I could arrange to come to the Lienz webcam at about 14:10 Estonian time (=13:18 Lienz cam time).
I will come walking from the background towards the cam (BUT I won´t wave all the time Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_razz otherwise the police might came and take be away Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Lol ) so I will be visible for more than a minute.
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:05 pm

ahha,good!but maybe you can park your blue car so,that it is visible from cam? (i saw there today in the morning one blue car and thought that maybe its your car -now all austrian blue cars are ricky'sRicky´s hut - Page 7 Lol )
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:21 pm

AllyKass wrote:ahha,good!but maybe you can park your blue car so,that it is visible from cam?

No, that won´t be possible because I will go on foot Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_razz
I have several things to do in town. There are quite a lot of pedestrian areas and one-way roads so going by car is neither faster nor more pleasant than going on foot. And since it is not THAT far from home I don´t need the car at all...

AllyKass wrote:(i saw there today in the morning one blue car and thought that maybe its your car -now all austrian blue cars are ricky'sRicky´s hut - Page 7 Lol )

Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Lol
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:47 pm

Ricky wrote:I will come walking from the background towards the cam (BUT I won´t wave all the time Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_razz otherwise the police might came and take be away Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Lol ) so I will be visible for more than a minute.

Bring your PANASONIC and pretend to take pictures -- that way we will know which one you are and you can be standing there for a while without looking odd. Ricky´s hut - Page 7 646609
Bisky
Bisky

Female Sagittarius Posts : 4036

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:56 pm

What a clever idea, Bisky!!!!

What color clothes will you be wearing, Ricky?? Will you have a hat of some sort??
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:12 pm

Bisky wrote:
Ricky wrote:I will come walking from the background towards the cam (BUT I won´t wave all the time Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_razz otherwise the police might came and take be away Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Lol ) so I will be visible for more than a minute.

Bring your PANASONIC and pretend to take pictures -- that way we will know which one you are and you can be standing there for a while without looking odd. Ricky´s hut - Page 7 646609

Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Lol
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:15 pm

caysa wrote:What color clothes will you be wearing, Ricky??

Rather dark for sure...
Black trousers and (depending on how cold it will be) a dark bluish pullover OR a black jacket.

caysa wrote:Will you have a hat of some sort??

Nope.
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:18 pm

If you take pictures and wear a hat, we will easily spot you! Ricky´s hut - Page 7 989401

Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Crazy_10
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Bisky wrote:If you take pictures and wear a hat, we will easily spot you! Ricky´s hut - Page 7 989401

I´m sure you will spot me anyway. Ricky´s hut - Page 7 989401

If you are not sure if it is me - just take pics and I will tell you in which pic(s) I am Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_razz

Bisky wrote:

Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Affraid Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Lol
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by garina do mar Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:17 pm

Ricky wrote:Tomorrow I will be in town so I could arrange to come to the Lienz webcam at about 14:10 Estonian time (=13:18 Lienz cam time).
I will come walking from the background towards the cam (BUT I won´t wave all the time Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_razz otherwise the police might came and take be away Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Lol ) so I will be visible for more than a minute.

Cool!!! That will be 12:18 Portuguese time. Maybe I have a lunch tomorrow but I will have time Ricky´s hut - Page 7 322600
garina do mar
garina do mar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by garina do mar Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Bisky wrote:If you take pictures and wear a hat, we will easily spot you! Ricky´s hut - Page 7 989401

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
nod Yeah! We will spot him but we will not see him! We will only see lots of staff!
garina do mar
garina do mar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:24 pm

I had no idea that PANASONIC is that complicated to carry Ricky´s hut - Page 7 711340
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by garina do mar Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:28 pm

Where do we "meet" to see Ricky?
garina do mar
garina do mar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by garina do mar Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:29 pm

caysa wrote:I had no idea that PANASONIC is that complicated to carry Ricky´s hut - Page 7 711340
Humm... lol! lol! lol!
garina do mar
garina do mar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:42 pm

garina do mar wrote:
Ricky wrote:Tomorrow I will be in town so I could arrange to come to the Lienz webcam at about 14:10 Estonian time (=13:18 Lienz cam time).

Cool!!! That will be 12:18 Portuguese time. Maybe I have a lunch tomorrow but I will have time Ricky´s hut - Page 7 322600

It´s 12:10 Portuguese time. Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_wink Lienz cam time is not exactly right... Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:46 pm

caysa wrote:I had no idea that PANASONIC is that complicated to carry Ricky´s hut - Page 7 711340

Those are no PANASONIC cams for sure. Olympus, Leica or Canon probably Ricky´s hut - Page 7 989401 Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_razz
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:48 pm

garina do mar wrote:Where do we "meet" to see Ricky?

You may use my hut if you want Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_lol Unless you find a better place... Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_lol
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by garina do mar Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Ricky wrote:
garina do mar wrote:

It´s 12:10 Portuguese time. Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_wink Lienz cam time is not exactly right... Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_rolleyes

Geee you're right!! Ricky´s hut - Page 7 191264
I would be there earlier any how! Wink
garina do mar
garina do mar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:38 am

It is 6:10 Illinois time -- I can get up for that Ricky´s hut - Page 7 989401 . (Ricky´s hut - Page 7 690463)

Are we meeting here at the hut?
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:54 am

Yes, Good idea!!! This is where we meet!!!
I can make coffee for all if us!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:07 am

Ricky wrote: .....(BUT I won´t wave all the time Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Icon_razz otherwise the police might came and take be away Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Lol )....
Too bad! Though if you would do this in all months, could be a tourist spectacle from this!!! Ricky´s hut - Page 7 Laugh
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:08 am

Laughing
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next