Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers

+8
Admin
Laaly
Ophiophagus
Ricky
robin
AllyKass
naamah
caysa
12 posters

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Empty Re: GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers

Post by caysa Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:13 am

How funny!! Who has baked that cake??
caysa
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Empty Re: GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers

Post by AllyKass Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:27 am

caysa wrote:How funny!! Who has baked that cake??
my boss (she) was backed it, it was very jummy!! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 726520
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:08 am

151 replies to this topic cheers ( I just happend to see it)

You have a nice boss!! How cool to have cake during the working day! And home baked too!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:33 am

caysa wrote:151 replies to this topic cheers ( I just happend to see it)

You have a nice boss!! How cool to have cake during the working day! And home baked too!
wow, palindromes everywhere GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 927774

yes, she is, btw i showed the report to your cooking, it was very inspiring GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 43773
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:45 am

Awwww......
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Empty Help wanted!!

Post by caysa Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Has anyone of you ever made sausages at home?
We are going to try next week.... We have so much venison in the freezer affraid
Equipments we do have - even a sausage filling machine. And I have bought bot sheep and pig intestins for the skin.
What can one put in them other than meat and spices?? I know that most people would like to have 100% meat sausages but as my meat intake is limited I would like to add something else too. What is it that is used in sausages when they say that the meat content is 70% - what is the rest?? Potato? Flour?? Air??? lol!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:14 pm

caysa wrote:Has anyone of you ever made sausages at home?
We are going to try next week.... We have so much venison in the freezer affraid
Equipments we do have - even a sausage filling machine. And I have bought bot sheep and pig intestins for the skin.
What can one put in them other than meat and spices?? I know that most people would like to have 100% meat sausages but as my meat intake is limited I would like to add something else too. What is it that is used in sausages when they say that the meat content is 70% - what is the rest?? Potato? Flour?? Air??? lol!
One idea: soya cyclops
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:40 pm

I got this prescription from a kind Finnish acquaintance of
mine. She prepares this for grandchildren! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 20409_14

1 part curd
1 part thick youghurt
1 part whipped cream
sugar and vanilla
LOTS of strawberries (or other fruit)

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 2009_0803_094745
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:22 pm

Ophiophagus wrote:I got this prescription from a kind Finnish acquaintance of
mine. She prepares this for grandchildren! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 20409_14

1 part curd
1 part thick youghurt
1 part whipped cream
sugar and vanilla

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 726520
How did it taste??? Yummy???
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:25 pm

Ophiophagus wrote:
caysa wrote:Has anyone of you ever made sausages at home?
One idea: soya cyclops

Yeah......... I was afraid that they use soya..... I am not allowed to eat soya at all What a Face , no beans or peas - and soya is a very concentrated bean product.... SNIFF :scratch:
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:12 am

caysa wrote:
Ophiophagus wrote:I got this prescription from a kind Finnish acquaintance of

1 part curd
1 part thick youghurt
1 part whipped cream
sugar and vanilla

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 726520
How did it taste??? Yummy???
Yummy! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Nod
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:43 am

The venison with a very intensive fragrance and flavour. You may stir it because of this half-half with beef or with pork in a proportion. It's possible it one third venison- pork-beef mix. The red wine (Egri Bikavér Laughing ) is with a good effect in the mass! Idea
If the soya is not good, I would have more ideas then, but it already chemistry! bom
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:55 am

Humm - I used to like chemistry in school.........

Come on - tell me!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:03 am

caysa wrote:Humm - I used to like chemistry in school.........

Come on - tell me!!
Example from the ground brick dust its colour will be beautiful! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Laugh
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:48 am

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, at least that is not meat lol!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:04 am

Ophiophagus wrote:
caysa wrote:Humm - I used to like chemistry in school.........

Come on - tell me!!
Example from the ground brick dust its colour will be beautiful! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Laugh

yeah, in childhood in kindergarten i saw one boy who ate the soil, when my scoolmate waited for the child, then she desired to eat chalk, but this the brick dusk exceeds all geek
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:40 pm

Other idea: corn! Idea
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:56 pm

Yeah, that couod work! Corn flour perhaps?
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:09 pm

caysa wrote:Yeah, that couod work! Corn flour perhaps?
Razz I tasted it once once. I was a military pupil yet. I did not like the taste of it. What a Face .
They prepared it on the country's south part somewhere. I believe it so, cooked corn groats/sleet(?) were mixed into the filling. Rolling Eyes
I was searching from it description, but I found nothing yet! king
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:25 am

I'm not much of a cook, but I mix dried bread crumbs with the ground meat when I bake a meatloaf--maybe that would work for the sausage? I can't imagine any type of flour being tasty in sausage. :scratch:
Bisky
Bisky

Female Sagittarius Posts : 4036

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:09 am

Bisky wrote:I'm not much of a cook, but I mix dried bread crumbs with the ground meat when I bake a meatloaf--maybe that would work for the sausage? I can't imagine any type of flour being tasty in sausage. :scratch:
but bread dought made of flour lol!
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:13 am

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 72972 I hadn't thought of that! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 269386
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Bisky wrote:I'm not much of a cook, but I mix dried bread crumbs with the ground meat when I bake a meatloaf--maybe that would work for the sausage? I can't imagine any type of flour being tasty in sausage. :scratch:
The sausage with an other consistence, than the meatball. The breadcrumbs are not good to it.
I liked this typical American kitchen. Meatloaf, potato, and lots of ketchup ! clown
Do you not know the prescription of the south chicken accidentally? It would interest me! cheers
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:03 pm

Ophiophagus wrote:
The sausage with an other consistence, than the meatball. The breadcrumbs are not good to it.
You notice that I started my reply saying I'm not much of a cook! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 912946

I liked this typical American kitchen. Meatloaf, potato, and lots of ketchup ! clown
You have been peeking into my kitchen window GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 586646

Do you not know the prescription of the south chicken accidentally? It would interest me!

Are you referring to Southern Fried Chicken?

We Yankees in the midwest use only a few drops of the hot pepper sauce and fry the chicken in corn oil:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cda/recipe_print/0,1946,FOOD_9936_36301_RECIPE-PRINT-FULL-PAGE-FORMATTER,00.html

This second recipe is one that my son makes for me on my birthday. It has to be started a day ahead of cooking, but it is wonderful. (I'm sure you have the Hungarian paprika in your pantry Smile ):

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/fried-chicken-recipe/index.html
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:16 pm

Bisky wrote:

You have been peeking into my kitchen window GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 586646

No! Laughing I went to the McDonalds with my child!GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Cid_Cryptor_Gucken (And I looked at many American films!GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Laugh)

Bisky wrote:

Are you referring to Southern Fried Chicken?

Yes! Embarassed

Bisky wrote:

We Yankees in the midwest use only a few drops of the hot pepper sauce and fry the chicken in corn oil:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cda/recipe_print/0,1946,FOOD_9936_36301_RECIPE-PRINT-FULL-PAGE-FORMATTER,00.html

This second recipe is one that my son makes for me on my birthday. It has to be started a day ahead of cooking, but it is wonderful. (I'm sure you have the Hungarian paprika in your pantry Smile ):

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/fried-chicken-recipe/index.html

Thank you for the prescriptions! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 191264 And yes, i have Hungarian paprika in pantry! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 912946
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Empty SAUSAGES SAUSAGES SAUSAGES

Post by caysa Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:48 pm

We finally did it!!!! We made sausages GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Icon_clown
We still had so much meat from last season in the freezer.....

Here are the ingredients:

Venison of deer......4000 gr
Pork fat.................950 gr
Mashed potato........525 gr
Salt......................120 gr
Milk powder............300 gr
Water....................1 liter
VSOP cognac.......0,1 liter
Koriander...............2 tsp
White pepper..........2 tsp
Paprika powder.......2 tsp
All spice................2 tsp
Marjoram...............2 tsp

Mincing starts:
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Sausage1

Filling the guts starts (Hubby said I just can NOT post this picture... WHY NOT??? GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 849949 )
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Sausage2

Looooong sausage:
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Sausage3

A little twisting and many small sausages occured:
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Sausage4

Steaming:
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Sausage5

Ready GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 726520
GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Sausage6

And the taste???? Venison........... YUMMY!!!!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Ohoo, nice sausages, you are so skilful, picture number two reminds me something GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 912946 ( I have a spoilt imagination GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 849949 maybe)
robin
robin

Female Posts : 3479

http://www.looduses.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi Robin, ??? Must be very comfortable such a mechanical
filler-up-household-appliance...

And the ready sausages look very good!
ergee
ergee

Female Taurus Posts : 6146

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:41 pm

caysa wrote:We finally did it!!!! We made sausages GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Icon_clown
We still had so much meat from last season in the freezer.....

Here are the ingredients:

Venison of deer......4000 gr
Pork fat.................950 gr
Mashed potato........525 gr
Salt......................120 gr
Milk powder............300 gr
Water....................1 liter
VSOP cognac.......0,1 liter
Koriander...............2 tsp
White pepper..........2 tsp
Paprika powder.......2 tsp
All spice................2 tsp
Marjoram...............2 tsp

I would repair on the prescription in two dots:

Water....................0,1 liter
VSOP cognac.......1 liter
rendeer
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:17 pm

robin wrote:Ohoo, nice sausages, you are so skilful, picture number two reminds me something GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 912946 ( I have a spoilt imagination GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 849949 maybe)

I thought the same when I saw that pic GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 Lol

But nice sausages indeed!! GOURMANDIA, a place for recipes and food related questions and answers - Page 6 868810
Ricky
Ricky

Male Posts : 9253

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next