Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ricky´s hut

+6
Laaly
robin
garina do mar
AllyKass
caysa
Ricky
10 posters

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Empty Re: Ricky´s hut

Post by robin Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:51 pm

Ricky wrote:
Ophiophagus wrote:
Ricky wrote:Tomorrow I won´t be online much during the day. I will go the valley Zillertal to meet the owner of that hunting area...
Come back with good news! Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Rudolft1

Ricky´s hut - Page 11 989401 Good news...
There is no problem to get that hunting area. Now I/we have to decide which one to take which is not easy at all because both hunting areas are similarly good.
The great thing about the Zillertal hunting area is that Ptarmigans, Black Grouses and Capercailie live there. And especially Ptarmigans are also hunted! Another special thing are really strong Roe bucks...
On the other hand the great thing about the Mölltal hunting area is that it is not far from Lienz. And there are more Chamois and Marmots than in the Zillertal hunting area.......

One pic I took - it shows a part of that hunting area. The snow-covered mountain is one of the spots were the Ptarmigans live
I hope the birds will fly away and you can get only with PANASONIC them Ricky´s hut - Page 11 646609
robin
robin

Female Posts : 3479

http://www.looduses.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:55 pm

And which hunting area is the easiest passable? And where can you
hunt alsmost whole year? And don't shoot marmots!!!!!!!!!
If the wheater is bad can you go in both area's? Can you stay the night in both area's? What do you like to hunt better, birds or
mammals?
Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_rendeer Ricky´s hut - Page 11 636263
ergee
ergee

Female Taurus Posts : 6146

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:22 pm

garina do mar wrote:
Maybe I'll try this one! whistle
http://www.beachcam.pt/beachcams.php?cam=saopedro&local=S. Pedro
Do you think you will recognize me if I go there?

Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Snap8110

What a Face affraid What a Face
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:31 pm

Ophiophagus wrote:
garina do mar wrote:

No, Aphrodite, sorry but I fear they cannot even see you!
ergee
ergee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:39 pm

ergee wrote:And which hunting area is the easiest passable?

Zillertal hunting area

ergee wrote:And where can you
hunt alsmost whole year?

If there is not too much snow you can hunt in both hunting areas almost the whole year. If there is much snow the Zillertal hunting area is probably better...

ergee wrote:And don't shoot marmots!!!!!!!!!

Nice hunt, tasty vension - why not to shoot them? Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_lol (They are quite shy compared to those Marmots that are used to people - so it´s not even easy to get them)

ergee wrote:If the wheater is bad can you go in both area's?

If the weather is REALLY bad it might be better in the Zillertal...

ergee wrote:Can you stay the night in both area's?

Yes, there are several very good hunting lodges in both hunting areas that can be used for free.

ergee wrote:What do you like to hunt better, birds or
mammals?

I cannot generalize and say what I like better. I would love to hunt Ptarmigans but on the other hand Chamois are VERY important to me.
Ricky
Ricky

Male Posts : 9253

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:40 pm

How come it is working right now? Ricky´s hut - Page 11 711340
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:47 pm

Ricky wrote:

There is no problem to get that hunting area. Now I/we have to decide which one to take which is not easy at all because both hunting areas are similarly good.
The great thing about the Zillertal hunting area is that Ptarmigans, Black Grouses and Capercailie live there. And especially Ptarmigans are also hunted! Another special thing are really strong Roe bucks...
On the other hand the great thing about the Mölltal hunting area is that it is not far from Lienz. And there are more Chamois and Marmots than in the Zillertal hunting area.......

One pic I took - it shows a part of that hunting area. The snow-covered mountain is one of the spots were the Ptarmigans live

The roe like this area sure. The hunting of these birds is a big experience! But maybe you will need a hunting dog! Idea
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:51 pm

haa,watch, ophy and kata!
Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Ophyjakata
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Ricky wrote:

Öööö....they start the maintenance tomorrow.Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Piratey
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:55 pm

Ophiophagus wrote:
Ricky wrote:

The roe like this area sure. The hunting of these birds is a big experience! But maybe you will need a hunting dog! Idea

The owners of the hunting area have 2 bloodhounds - not really suitable for bird hunting. But still a few Ptarmigans are shot in that hunting area every year.
But of course it is not at all easy... But that is what makes it even more interesting!
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Ophiophagus wrote:
Ricky wrote:

Öööö....they start the maintenance tomorrow.Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Piratey

Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Lol

Today is your last chance to wave to us Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_razz Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_razz
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Ricky wrote:

Zillertal hunting area

hunt alsmost whole year?

If there is not too much snow you can hunt in both hunting areas almost the whole year. If there is much snow the Zillertal hunting area is probably better...

Nice hunt, tasty vension - why not to shoot them? Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_lol (They are quite shy compared to those Marmots that are used to people - so it´s not even easy to get them)

Yes, there are several very good hunting lodges in both hunting areas that can be used for free.

mammals?

I cannot generalize and say what I like better. I would love to hunt Ptarmigans but on the other hand Chamois are VERY important to me.

About hunting those poor Marmots:

Marmots: put your dekchair in the right distance opposite of the marmots den,
prepare the gun so that you only have to pull the trigger. Wait and pull the trigger
as soon as the marmot's head and shoulders are a bit out of its hole! You even can fix the gun on a couple of rocks or a tripod and make a little string on the trigger...Only mind the wind direction and make no noises and you should not have used parfum!!
I know you don't smoke!
Sleep well! You even can tighten a string before the opening, with a little bell....
than you will wake up in time as marmot comes and touches the string!
Good hunting! Don't get overstrained, please!!
ergee
ergee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:20 pm

ergee wrote:
Ricky wrote:

Zillertal hunting area

hunt alsmost whole year?

mammals?

About hunting those poor Marmots:

Marmots: put your dekchair in the right distance opposite of the marmots den,
prepare the gun so that you only have to pull the trigger. Wait and pull the trigger
as soon as the marmot's head and shoulders are a bit out of its hole! You even can fix the gun on a couple of rocks or a tripod and make a little string on the trigger...Only mind the wind direction and make no noises and you should not have used parfum!!
I know you don't smoke!
Sleep well! You even can tighten a string before the opening, with a little bell....
than you will wake up in time as marmot comes and touches the string!
Good hunting! Don't get overstrained, please!!

It is not that easy Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_wink
At first you have to do quite some walking/climbing. Then you have to find a suitable Marmot. You should only shoot single Marmot which are rather rare. When hibernating, Marmots need each others warmth to survive. But some Marmots live on their own - those can be shot without risking other Marmots to die in winter.
But those Marmots that live on their own are VERY cautious and it´s not too easy to get close to them. You cannot shoot if you only see the head and the shoulders - because the dead Marmot would fall back into its den. If the Marmot did not notice you and if it is far enough away from the den shooting is not easy either. You have to hit the head which is a very small target - otherwise a huge part of the venison gets ruined.
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:33 pm

OMG - so very complicated.......
caysa
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:19 pm

Concerning my ironical description about easy hunting on marmots
I want to apologize! I hope nobody believes after reading my words that hunters are angry men who only want to kill poor defenceless animals, sorry! Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_redface
ergee
ergee

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:29 pm

I thought your post was quite funny Ricky´s hut - Page 11 849949
I did not take it seriosly.

And besides, it could never be THAT easy Ricky´s hut - Page 11 152267
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by garina do mar Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:45 pm

Ophiophagus wrote:
garina do mar wrote:

There was a huge storm today in Portugal! All the country was in red alert because of waves and very strong wings nod

Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Ngp10_11

Usually the cam is not so bad Wink
garina do mar
garina do mar
Admin

http://milhasnauticas.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:58 pm

ergee wrote:Concerning my ironical description about easy hunting on marmots
I want to apologize! I hope nobody believes after reading my words that hunters are angry men who only want to kill poor defenceless animals, sorry! Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_redface

I think it´s all right Ricky´s hut - Page 11 989401
I´m sure nobody of us will think about hunters like that (I hope at least Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_lol ) and it was good that now everybody knows how such a marmot hunt takes place. One thing is fore sure - just as bunnies marmots are really cute animals and I can understand those how don´t like them to be killed.
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:53 pm

The first of March - and spring really has arrived here. +11°C and sunny weather. Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_cheers Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_sunny Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_cheers
Now I´m going to leave - I´m sure that the Wall Lizards´ hibernation is over and of course I have to pay a visit to them Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_lol
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:08 pm

Ricky wrote:The first of March - and spring really has arrived here. +11°C and sunny weather. Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_cheers Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_sunny Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_cheers
Now I´m going to leave - I´m sure that the Wall Lizards´ hibernation is over and of course I have to pay a visit to them Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_lol
Already that warm, Ricky´s hut - Page 11 784745 send half here too Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_sunny , good luck with lizards.
robin
robin

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:45 pm

your sky seems really fantastic!
and i like that these white stools are crowded!Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Kevadlienzis
but afraid that more than 3 lizards you can not see...winter is coming back!
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:19 pm

AllyKass wrote:
but afraid that more than 3 lizards you can not see...winter is coming back!

Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Suspect Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Suspect I hope not!! And according to the weather forecast it will be a bit colder during the upcoming days but it won´t really be winter again...
Regarding the lizards I will report in the nature topic soon. Ricky´s hut - Page 11 989401
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:00 pm

Originally I had planned to leave for a buisness trip to Switzerland tomorrow. I would have driven to a hotel half way between Lienz and Zürich (that hotel is in Italy - South Tyrol to be exact). On Thursday day I would have continued to Switzerland to do the buisness part. Driving back to Lienz on Thursday would have been impossible so I planned to stay one more night in that hotel.

Now everything went differently - the appointment in Switzerland was canceled but the hotel is booked. Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_rolleyes

So, what to do?? 3 days of holiday in South Tyrol of course Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_cool Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_lol Ricky´s hut - Page 11 989401 I have been in that area a few times before so I know its nature is quite interesting. It´s quite a warm area, so some lizards will be seen for sure. Additionally some rare bird species live there.

So, tomorrow morning I will leave and I will be back late on Friday.
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:03 pm

Ricky wrote:Originally I had planned to leave for a buisness trip to Switzerland tomorrow. I would have driven to a hotel half way between Lienz and Zürich (that hotel is in Italy - South Tyrol to be exact). On Thursday day I would have continued to Switzerland to do the buisness part. Driving back to Lienz on Thursday would have been impossible so I planned to stay one more night in that hotel.

Now everything went differently - the appointment in Switzerland was canceled but the hotel is booked. Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_rolleyes

So, what to do?? 3 days of holiday in South Tyrol of course Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_cool Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_lol Ricky´s hut - Page 11 989401 I have been in that area a few times before so I know its nature is quite interesting. It´s quite a warm area, so some lizards will be seen for sure. Additionally some rare bird species live there.

So, tomorrow morning I will leave and I will be back late on Friday.
Poor you Ricky´s hut - Page 11 646609 (and there is no way to cancel the hotel reservation Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Lol )

You MUST take your laptop!!!!!

Have a good time!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:08 pm

Good fun trip to you, and be back with lots of new pics Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_cheers
robin
robin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:13 pm

caysa wrote:Poor you Ricky´s hut - Page 11 646609

Yeah Ricky´s hut - Page 11 608554 Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Lol Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Lol
caysa wrote:(and there is no way to cancel the hotel reservation Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Lol )

I´m not sure if there is but no need to ask Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_lol

caysa wrote:You MUST take your laptop!!!!!

Ricky´s hut - Page 11 711340 What do I need to get online there? WLAN i guess Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_rolleyes And THAT I don´t have... Ricky´s hut - Page 11 784745

caysa wrote:Have a good time!!

Thanks Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_lol
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:17 pm

azza, such a good chance....to rest Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_cheers good luck with this,
hope you get lots of interesting pic's and...isn't in this hotel internet in rooms? with cable?
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:39 pm

What hotel are you using?? And how come you are going via Italy??

Come on - we need INFO here Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_eek
Hotel Kuhn??
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:52 pm

AllyKass wrote:azza, such a good chance....to rest Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_cheers good luck with this,
hope you get lots of interesting pic's and...isn't in this hotel internet in rooms? with cable?

Nope...
The hotel itself has nothing regarding internet (it´s not Estonia where internet is EVERYWHERE Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Icon_razz - it´s Italy Ricky´s hut - Page 11 Lol ). It´s not even a real hotel. Just a few rooms in one house in a small village... But quite nice...
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 22 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next