Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS

+5
ergee
Ophiophagus
Ricky
AllyKass
caysa
9 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Empty Re: EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS

Post by caysa Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:45 pm

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 269386
caysa
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Empty Re: EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS

Post by caysa Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:35 am

Morning at the eagle feeding ground:

The firts jay Smile

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Firstjay1

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Firstjay2

Food arrives - Tiit Randla brings it EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 868810

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Tiitrandla1

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Tiitrandla2

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Tiitrandla3
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:38 am

The new food

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Newfood

The jay is back!

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Jayisback

The eagle arrives EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_cheers

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Eagle
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:43 am

The fox and the raven! Razz
EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Snap504-1
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 am

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 726520
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 am

A woodpecker EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 839128

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Woodpecker-1

More fox pics - the tail looks not so good EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 866236

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Fox-2

The fox is leaving ...

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Foxleft
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:36 am

I saw a more beautiful fox already. This animal is ill. :scratch:

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Snap505-1
EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Snap500-1
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:39 am

Is it the same fox?? The one I saw earlier this morning had mange - not too bad yet but the tail was getting very thin looking in the middle EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_eek
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:44 am

caysa wrote:Is it the same fox?? The one I saw earlier this morning had mange - not too bad yet but the tail was getting very thin looking in the middle EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_eek
I believe it same, the tail of the fox does not show on the picture so much sharply only.
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:49 am

poorfox,i know that in all our forest are anti-rabies feeds,but that helps for anti mange?
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:21 pm

Nope.... Rabies is a virus and the anti-rabies feeds act as a vaccination against that.

Mange is a mite that lives just under the skin and causes hairloss.
Ivermectin is very efficient to treat this but to administer it to the right animals in the wild is almost impossible. The animal will sooner or later die of cold and hunger EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 751609 ....
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:46 pm

AllyKass wrote:poorfox,i know that in all our forest are anti-rabies feeds,but that helps for anti mange?

Actually it´s just the opposite case: Anti-rabies feeds let less foxes die. The population grows. And a high population makes it easier for diseases like mange to spread. Unfortunately...

Since these anti-rabies feeds started also Echinococcus multilocularis (which is very dangerous for humans, dogs and cats) has become very common for the same reason. That´s why I personally do not like these anti-rabies feeds.
Ricky
Ricky

Male Posts : 9253

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Yes, this is right, but for the human safety it has to be done.
What everybody forgets is that The Great Human Beeing should also take care of what follows... = keep the population down by other means. These mange foxes will die, yes but they will spread this disease to many other animals before that happens EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_eek
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:13 pm

About this Echinococcus multilocularis ... It is an intestinal worm and people should REALLY take car of their cats and dogs. Worming should happen at least 4 times per year if you live in an are where it occurs.
In Finland no case has been found so far, and one reason is probably that we have very strict regulations for importing animals. If I take my dogs outside Finland-Sweden-Norway it has to be wormed just before the trip. If I stay longer than 24 hours the worming must be done again before entering Finland.
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:15 pm

caysa wrote:Yes, this is right, but for the human safety it has to be done.
What everybody forgets is that The Great Human Beeing should also take care of what follows... = keep the population down by other means. These mange foxes will die, yes but they will spread this disease to many other animals before that happens EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_eek

That´s also true.

I don´t know exactly how dangerous rabies is (= how many people died if the foxes would get no vacconations) but I know that about 50 people die of Echinococcus multilocularis in Germany each year.

It would be great to live without both diseases and with a healthy fox population...
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:19 pm

caysa wrote:About this Echinococcus multilocularis ... It is an intestinal worm and people should REALLY take car of their cats and dogs. Worming should happen at least 4 times per year if you live in an are where it occurs.
In Finland no case has been found so far, and one reason is probably that we have very strict regulations for importing animals. If I take my dogs outside Finland-Sweden-Norway it has to be wormed just before the trip. If I stay longer than 24 hours the worming must be done again before entering Finland.

You are lucky!

In Central Europe about 50% of foxes have Echinococcus multilocularis. In some areas even 80-100% EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_eek
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Ricky wrote:
caysa wrote:About this Echinococcus multilocularis ... It is an intestinal worm and people should REALLY take car of their cats and dogs. Worming should happen at least 4 times per year if you live in an are where it occurs.

You are lucky!

In Central Europe about 50% of foxes have Echinococcus multilocularis. In some areas even 80-100% EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_eek

Yes, I know - it is scary.....
I guess in Finland this is taken serious, as is the rabies.
In 1995 we had the first (known) case of rabies in a wild animal in Finland. It came from Russia. Since then these vaccination bates have been spread along our eastern border line and we have had no rabies in wild animals since 1989. A few dogs and cats have had it, those were all animals brought from Russia.
We have had some human cases, the last one in 1985, a researcher that had been bitten by bats several times somewhere in Africa.
55000 people die every year in Africa and Asia of rabies.... EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Affraid
--------------------------------------------

There is a funny side too.....
In 1995... when this first case occured...every dog and cat and ferret had to be vaccinated, quickly!!
It was crazy. But that was the law!
Ok, we called our vet.... At the time we had 6 dogs + 10 labrador puppies, 4 cats and 1 fox EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Lol
OMG when we packed all animals up in the car EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 849949 ...
The vet arranged 2 rooms for us and 2 nurses to help write all papers. Animals in through one door and out through another. I will never forget that vet visit EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_geek
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:58 pm

Ricky wrote:
Now I realize, of course .... if the foxes are so sick, it is hard to love them
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:15 pm

AllyKass wrote:
Ricky wrote:

Ehhmmm, I think you didn´t understand me correctly.... :scratch:
I DO love foxes! EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_sunny That´s also why I wished healthy fox populations...

But of course I have to be very careful with sick foxes otherwise it might get dangerous for me. And that´s another reason why I wished healthy fox populations.
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Sadly, I think this is true..... EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_redface

But we can be happy that we have these cams - this is a secure way to get to know the animals. We can still enjoy the foxes and love them from the bottom of our hearts. It is not the foxes fault that they have these diseases.....
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:24 pm

Ricky wrote:
AllyKass wrote:
Ricky wrote:

I DO love foxes! EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_sunny That´s also why I wished healthy fox populations...

But of course I have to be very careful with sick foxes otherwise it might get dangerous for me. And that´s another reason why I wished healthy fox populations.
sorry, I do not think you specifically EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 72972
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:27 pm

AllyKass wrote:
Ricky wrote:
AllyKass wrote:
Ricky wrote:

sorry, I do not think you specifically EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 72972

Oh, okay. EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_smile Sorry that I missunderstood you EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_redface
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:35 pm

Ricky wrote:
AllyKass wrote:
Ricky wrote:
AllyKass wrote:
Ricky wrote:

Oh, okay. EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_smile Sorry that I missunderstood you EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_redface
its ok, just I wrote it so indefinite EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_clown
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:44 pm

Darkness is coming quickly - no animals around.
But still very beautiful!!

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Evening
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:58 pm

AllyKass wrote:poorfox,i know that in all our forest are anti-rabies feeds,but that helps for anti mange?
The bathing would help it possibly! EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Smiley_61

Last edited by Ophiophagus on Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:33 am

08:25

The jay tries to pilfer some bites. Razz

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 501
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:43 am

08:35

Raven with big plunder! Razz

EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Snap504-2EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Snap507-1EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Snap505-2EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Snap503-1
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:56 am

Ophiophagus wrote:
The bathing would help it possibly! EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Smiley_61
Oh, then hunters should be carry quite a lot of small baths and bubble bath with soap and towels out the forest EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Bubbles .... EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Icon_clown

Last edited by AllyKass on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:07 am

08:57

The arrival of the eagle caused big disturbance between the ravens. Laughing
EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Snap508EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Snap509
EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Snap510EAGLE WINTER FEEDING GROUND CAMERAS - Page 2 Snap511
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:19 am

Cool pics Ophy!!!
Thank you!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next