Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS???

+8
Laaly
robin
Bisky
Ricky
AllyKass
caysa
Ophiophagus
ergee
12 posters

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 Empty Re: Where is OPHIOPHAGUS???

Post by caysa Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks for coming to say hello!!
Enjoy beeing at home again and take care of yourself !!
caysa
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:17 pm

The Hungarian referee, Viktor Kassai was not favourite in Estonia. The fans are grouped already against on one of the community sides.
Kassai Viktor referee Estonia -Ireland football match on a Friday in the evening . Kassai send out two players from the home team, to the guest team granted a penalty though.

Estonia- Ireland 0:4 Rolling Eyes

Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:14 pm

Ophiophagus wrote:The Hungarian referee, Viktor Kassai was not favourite in Estonia. The fans are grouped already against on one of the community sides.
Kassai Viktor referee Estonia -Ireland football match on a Friday in the evening . Kassai send out two players from the home team, to the guest team granted a penalty though.

Estonia- Ireland 0:4 Rolling Eyes

yeah,we had yesterday morning cold 0:4 degrees Razz
ah our boys just burned out...it was their so important game
what to do,it just happen.
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Good evening, I really don't know where to post my question:

Mr. Spikey is seriously ill, pancreatitis.... His blood is examined and his urine, on Wednesday an ultrasound scan has been made in the special animal clinic of the university in Utrecht...he hardly can eat and even hardly drinks and he got dehydrated.. The vets gave him injections with fluid and now he also got some diet food..but it is so hard for him to eat. He also gets
painkillers, he sometimes trembles for pain. He is ill now during about 14 days..
Does someone know this illness or does know some medicine or
food that could help him?
A real medicine does not exist the vet says...And the food should be
as smooth as possible, no hard stuff and not fat!
It's hard to see him suffer that much...and his bosses too...

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 Mr_spikey_met_slaapbeer

Mr. Spikey, 10 years old now, a kind of Shih Tzu.

ergee
ergee

Female Taurus Posts : 6146

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:23 pm

Oh no..... Do you know if he has problem with gallstones? This is one of the most usual causes for pancreatitis. In that case he would need surgery.
The the enzymes that makes the food digestable should be active in the small intestins but now they are activated in the pancreas - that is why he cannot eat and the food is not processed. He has got the best treatment, the fluids, and he will need them and intravenous nutrition too. The pain can be really severe and therefor he needs good painkillers, by injections, other wise he might fall into pain shock.
By time it should get easier and he might get well. Often antibiotics are used to support the body but the vet knows if that is needed.
Humans would be admitted to hospital immediately but that is not always possible for animals....
I wish all the best for Mr. Spikey and his owners - they are facing a hard time Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 799636
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:27 pm

caysa wrote:Oh no..... Do you know if he has problem with gallstones? This is one of the most usual causes for pancreatitis. In that case he would need surgery.
The the enzymes that makes the food digestable should be active in the small intestins but now they are activated in the pancreas - that is why he cannot eat and the food is not processed. He has got the best treatment, the fluids, and he will need them and intravenous nutrition too. The pain can be really severe and therefor he needs good painkillers, by injections, other wise he might fall into pain shock.
By time it should get easier and he might get well. Often antibiotics are used to support the body but the vet knows if that is needed.
Humans would be admitted to hospital immediately but that is not always possible for animals....
I wish all the best for Mr. Spikey and his owners - they are facing a hard time Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 799636

No, gallstones could not be seen; painkillers are mixed into the water they give him to drink.
It really is a hard time.
ergee
ergee

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:34 pm

The first thing that came to my mind now is that he should NOT have painkillers orally!! His tummy is already hurting. He needs opiates as injections.
The only thing that I can think of that would help his tummy to feel a bit better would be Sucralfates, that can be bought in pharmacys without prescription. Meds containing sucralfates would mechanically help to block the acids that is now "burning" in his tummy.
I know that it is hard to tell a vet that the dog needs the painkiller as injections - but now his tummy can't process the meds - possible he cannot even get any use of those painkillers, they will only hurt more....
When he is over this he will have to eat special food for the rest of his life but that is a minor problem...
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:46 pm

caysa wrote:The first thing that came to my mind now is that he should NOT have painkillers orally!! His tummy is already hurting. He needs opiates as injections.
The only thing that I can think of that would help his tummy to feel a bit better would be Sucralfates, that can be bought in pharmacys without prescription. Meds containing sucralfates would mechanically help to block the acids that is now "burning" in his tummy.
I know that it is hard to tell a vet that the dog needs the painkiller as injections - but now his tummy can't process the meds - possible he cannot even get any use of those painkillers, they will only hurt more....
When he is over this he will have to eat special food for the rest of his life but that is a minor problem...

After having got a painkiller he is getting calmer and does not shiver anymore. He even barks
when guests are entering the room and he loves to walk outside. He lost weight but the vet
in the village where they live does not give injections and the clinic is about 80 km from there...
so impossible to go there and I think it is not strictly necessary.
Sucralfaat is known here as Ratiopharm, but I would not give it to a tiny dog....
ergee
ergee

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:52 pm

Ratiopharm is a medicine producer but I am sure they have sucralfate too. There is no danger in giving that to dogs - I know of a Chihuahua who had pancreatitis and he was given sucralfate to help the tummy to work.
If the dog seems to be able to absorb the painkillers through his tummy - then be glad - the situation could be much worse.

(what sort of vet does not give injections??? I have never heard of anything like that, is it a real vet at all????)

Last edited by caysa on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:53 pm

I am so sorry to hear of Spikey's illness.

The few articles I read through sound like he should be getting nourishment and medications in liquid form given intravenously at a pet hospital for several days. As the vet said, there is no specific medication -- rest and hydration is needed.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/cs/dogdiseasesp/a/pancreatitis.htm

http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/dog-pancreatitis-symptoms-and-treatment

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1580&aid=335

I know how hard it is for you and A. and J. to see him suffer with this, but the articles do make it sound like it is treatable. Usually the university clinics give excellent care.

Please keep us informed as to how he is doing. I will be worrying about him all weekend because I know how much joy he brings to you and his bosses.
Bisky
Bisky

Female Sagittarius Posts : 4036

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Bisky wrote:I am so sorry to hear of Spikey's illness.

The few articles I read through sound like he should be getting nourishment and medications in liquid form given intravenously at a pet hospital for several days. As the vet said, there is no specific medication -- rest and hydration is needed.

http://vetmedicine.about.com/cs/dogdiseasesp/a/pancreatitis.htm

http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/dog-pancreatitis-symptoms-and-treatment

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+1580&aid=335

I know how hard it is for you and A. and J. to see him suffer with this, but the articles do make it sound like it is treatable. Usually the university clinics give excellent care.

Please keep us informed as to how he is doing. I will be worrying about him all weekend because I know how much joy he brings to you and his bosses.

The point really is to give the pancreas time to heal on its own and that means REST. The only way this organ rests is when NOTHING goes in the mouth. A few days is usually what is needed. If it was my dog I would take him to the city to an animal hospital where he can be monitored and be set up with continous intravenous drips..... The sooner this is taken care of - the sooner he will be ok and the less damage will be caused by the enzymes that are now leaking out of the pancreas.
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:23 pm

It feels so good that both of you are so concerned! Thanks for that
but I did not want you to feel sad...And there will always be differences between vets and vets and animal clinics. And when you
cannot stay away from your job often to visit a clinic etc. it is getting
a problem and you have to do the best you can with the medicin
you've got. A en J do all they can to help him and I hope he will get better soon, the vets are saying it is possible that he will get well again. He is / was a sound and strong doggy!
Thanks!
Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 100510
ergee
ergee

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:37 am

all the best to mr spikey and you and his bosses.
hope he will get better soon sunny
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:19 pm

Tomorrow morning J will take Mr. Spikey with her and bring him again
in the Uni clinic and they hope he can stay there to get infusions etc.
He still cannot eat, they have to give him something with a pipette but
than a real "fight" starts because he refuses it. He is not angry but
cannot swallow the food. He drinks but after that he sometimes starts
vomitting... He is getting rather thin and his fur is not as good as it was before he got ill.
But yesterday when he was walking with A&J and was with the other 2 dogs at his holiday-stay he was chasing the cats..You absolutely can't believe he is so ill then!
We have to wait what the vets will say and can do...Sad days!
ergee
ergee

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:07 pm

be strong! Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 799636
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:44 pm

AllyKass wrote:be strong! Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 799636

Thank you, I'll tell them too!
ergee
ergee

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:46 pm

AllyKass wrote:be strong! Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 799636
Let's hope for the best!! When he gets all the liquids and essentials into his body he will be stronger and can fight the disease better.
Healing thoughts to Mr. Spike flower
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Just got a phonecall from J:
This morning she was with Mr. S at the vet and on Wednesday A has to take Spikey into the animal-clinic, maybe I'll accompany them if A agrees.
In the clinic they will try to help Mr.S, but if that really is possible is not sure; nor is sure if he can come back...
He still can't eat and some days his eyes etc. are so yellow...

A&J are not allowed to see him in the clinic, that would upset him too much; (and them too, I'm sure). All this is sooooo sad!
ergee
ergee

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:51 pm

dont worry, sometrimes separation will give possibility of healing, wish all the best!
mr spikey, you are strong, you could get out of this little sweet doggie.
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:28 pm

Yes, do not worry, ergee, dogs do manage very well in a hospital. They bond to the animal nurses and trust them. If the owner visits this bond with the staff will be broken and everything has to start again from the beginning.
I still think that Mr. Spike has a good chance to make it - he probably got fluids and nutrition at the vet today. The fact that he is not eating is his body's way to let the pancreas rest.
HUGS to all of you!!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:38 pm

My thank goes to all of you who are so interested in Mr. Spikey and us.
We do trust the vets and the people who are working in the clinic but it is so difficult to let him go...it is such a nice and friendly dog...
He will not miss his bosses too bad if there are other people with him
and helping him, but he is ill and I hope there is a way to help him
to get healthy again...

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 Mr_spikey_Admiraal_in_Normandie

Admiral Spikey on the coast of the Normandy, France, last year.
ergee
ergee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:14 pm

I am sure that he will get wonderful care. Cooper and I go to dog school at an animal clinic's exercise area in the evening; and we can see the assistants lovingly care for the dogs into the night, even when the office is officially closed. I am very optimistic about his recovery.
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:09 pm

A. just sent me a sms: He is still in Utrecht in the clinic with Mr. Spikey!
They once again took blood and examined it and made another echo.
Now they think he might have problems with the liver. Is that less
serious than pancreatitis or worse?
I'm glad A is there too, I know that people always listen to him and talk seriously with him and will tell him the truth. And Mr. S will be glad to have his boss still with him...
So we only can wait...
Good that I did not accompany him..and I hope he comes home safe!
Now there is a terrible fog, less than 50 m sight...and Utrecht is on the
autoroute with lots of traffic and soon it will be dark ...
slap
ergee
ergee

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:44 pm

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 Mist_23_11_11_012

On the street and besides the parking

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 Mist_23_11_11_011

ergee
ergee

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:03 pm

ergee wrote:A. just sent me a sms: He is still in Utrecht in the clinic with Mr. Spikey!
They once again took blood and examined it and made another echo.
Now they think he might have problems with the liver. Is that less
serious than pancreatitis or worse?
I'm glad A is there too, I know that people always listen to him and talk seriously with him and will tell him the truth. And Mr. S will be glad to have his boss still with him...
So we only can wait...
Good that I did not accompany him..and I hope he comes home safe!
Now there is a terrible fog, less than 50 m sight...and Utrecht is on the
autoroute with lots of traffic and soon it will be dark ...
slap

The liver symptoms usually are connected /caused by pancreatitis. I suspect that they found a higher level of liver enzymes. This might cause the dog's eyes to look yellow. If the pancreatitis is cured the liver will probably be ok too. I don't think you need to worry about that.

We have similar fog here - I just drove home from Anna's house and it felt like I was driving in milk What a Face
But everyone else was driving slowly and carefully too so it really was not so bad. But I almost collided with a fox!! At the very last moment it turned its head so that I saw the eyes shine. It was not even 2 meters in front of the car. But as I drove slowly and the fox moved at his normal speed he managed to run into the ditch.
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:38 pm

Yes, you are right about Mr. Spikey. A. just phoned me, he and Mr. S
arrived at home...All: blood, urine and echo is done, and now he has
got other medicine and other fluid food. No longer give him a pill in
a piece of meat that he could not swallow. Now it is no problem for him to take it and to drink it.
He also gets other food now, duck meat and enzymes etc.
Blood etc. have to be examined and within 14 days they hope to now more.
And he lets everything happen...A was not with him at all procedures and S is glad to see him but he does not moan or growl or snap to the
vets and others!
He really is a friendly and "polite" dog, perhaps that is because of his Japanese or Chinese origin...self control and an everlasting smile!
Now he is sleeping, he is very tired after all what happened to him
this day!
Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 376635
ergee
ergee

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Awww - He understands that everyone wants to help him!
I am glad that they changed medicine - he really has hope of a good recovery!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:39 pm

I am so happy for Spikey that he got to come back home! It sounds like his is on the right track to recovery and he will be most comfortable at home. Thanks for the updates! Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 726520
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:24 am

How is Mr. Spikey?? Any news??
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:49 am

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 Normandie_2010_143

How did he do that..in September 2010 he left with J and

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 Normandie_2010_153

came back, out of the Northsea in France, with A!

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 IMGP1558

In the snow on the Gotthardpass CH, on his way to Toscane, Italy on June third

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 IMGP1562

believe me, he enjoys it to be dirty and wet!

Last Sunday, 27.11, his bosses did some shopping and Spikey stayed with me and looked a bit tv

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 Mr_Spikey_27_nov_11_002

He seems to be a bit better but gets his painkillers 3 times a day. Without that, after some time, he begins to shiver and his eyes show that he suffers. He lost weight and runs faster than before ...but he does not want to eat his dietfood..
mixed with some small pieces of cooked hen he eats a bit, drinking water is ok.
This week they hope to get the outcome of the tests and the echo in the clinic
last Wednesday.

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 Mr_Spikey_27_nov_11_008

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 Mr_Spikey_27_nov_11_014

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 29 Mr_Spikey_27_nov_11_017

He asked me to say a big THANK YOU, to all of you who are so interested in him and
have sent him your best wishes for his good and soon recovery!

ergee
ergee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 32 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next