Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello All LLL Members

+3
Bisky
ergee
Deb
7 posters

Go down

Hello All LLL Members Empty Hello All LLL Members

Post by Deb Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:42 pm

I am sure that you have noticed that our dear Caysa's account has been active on here. I know that it is hard to see her name. She will always be loved and cherished by all of us.

I asked Juha, her husband, to log on and give me administration rights again. I have been worried about something happening to the board and no one having the ability to fix or protect it. Juha has graciously done so. He also said that I would have to remove Caysa's membership, as he could not. I would prefer that her name remains on the threads throughout the forums. I would like to hear your thoughts if you are opposed to leaving her name on the membership list. You can send me a private message if you like. I realize that it might be painful to see it there, so I would not judge anyone who would like it removed.

Now, I may have been the person who created this site for Caysa, but I have not been an active member as you all know. Just too much with work and school. So, while I will retain Admin rights from now on, I do believe that we really need to have an active member as Admin as well. I can think of a few names that would be good choices, but I would like to do this with everyone's input. I suggest that we nominate the members we feel would be best suited for the position. We will then hold an election. I will not be voting, as I will be the person getting all of the votes in my inbox...that is if you trust me to be honest with the results. We can also set up a poll instead of sending your votes to me, but I cannot assure that your votes will be anonymous that way. You really do deserve and need an admin who is here more days than not.

I will go create a nominations thread now, so that you can post your choice there or send me a private message. Remember, this is only for who you think should be considered as admin; it is not your final vote.

Sorry this post is so matter of fact. I do not mean to come off as being uncaring, I have just been crying a lot over having to do this because Caysa is not here. It is still so very sad and painful.

Thanks,
Deb

Last edited by Deb on Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deb
Deb
Admin

Female Libra Posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Hello All LLL Members Empty Re: Hello All LLL Members

Post by ergee Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:49 pm

Dear Deb,

1. For me it would be as well painful  NOT TO SEE CAYSA'S NAME.
So for me it is not necessary to change something.

Juha should decide this, I think we all respect any decision he will take!

Good that Juha gave you the adm. rights again. You
know how and what to do..I have not the faintest idea
about the how and why and when aso!

These are also the reasons why I would not be a good
admin!  I'm not joking and it is no secret, but I really feel too old to do all the things that eventually would be necessary, it would make me nervous and I also know that there are some persons who could do it perfect!

I only sometimes can write some silly ( I hope funny) stories but about duties, decisions and the techn. and amin. works I'm completely stupid!

But, dear Deb...looking back on the year we had
no admin ...is that really so much work that you, with
all your experience, could not bring up  enough time to
do it?  Please!!

I do hope that our members who might accept to
do this for all of us tell that to you!

I wish you lots and lots of understanding and succes,
let LLL go on like it was with Caysa, she teached
us how to associate with other members and let us
go on in the future in the same decent way like we
do since ..2009? We will never forget her, she was
the perfect woman to do the honours!

ergee
ergee
ergee

Female Taurus Posts : 6146

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:35 pm

Do I understand correctly that Juha doesn't necessarily ask that her name be removed totally--only that he, himself, could not bring himself to do it?

If so, I also would hate to see Caysa's name and her many topics and postings removed from our group. She will always be a part of us.

Thank you so much, Deb, for continuing to watch over us! I love you
Bisky
Bisky

Female Sagittarius Posts : 4036

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:27 pm

hi, deb!
thanks, that now one of us could administrate this site!
but i would like, that with caysa this is all as it was....if i see caysa's moving avatar...i always thinking...ou caysa is here with us...it's important to let person go...but remember her good thoughts and doings
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Hi Ergee, Bisky, and AllyKass. I am in total agreement that I think Caysa's name should remain. I have taken the liberty to set her account as hidden, if Juha were to use it. That part is a little hard for me to see, her name on the active members in the last 24 hours list. Juha wrote back to me and agreed that it is fine if we leave her name.

Ergee, I love that you want me to remain as Admin, and I will. I feel it is also very good to have someone that is here the majority of the time to watch for things not working right and to investigate and approve new members, and keeping an eye on them until we know all will be fine. Sharing is not a bad thing, it will be good. In fact, Juha will have his own account to log in as, and it too will have admin rights. I would like him to retain "ownership" of the board for Caysa.

Change is difficult to see happening. However, we all know how much pleasure Caysa got from being here will all of you. We need a team to protect that in her memory. Wink
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:15 pm

Thanks, Deb, for doing all this!! Of course we do trust you!

I would also prefer Caysa´s name to remain. To me it would rather be painful to remove her from her own forum, than see her name.
I am glad that Juha is going to join us and get admin rights.

Actually I think that 2 admins (you and Juha) would be more than sufficient for this small forum - even if you might be online rarely. Within the past year it has shown that there is very little admin work to be done.
But of course I would also be ok with a 3rd admin in case there´s someone willing to do it.
Ricky
Ricky

Male Posts : 9253

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi Ricky. My main concern is any new members that may wish to join. You all are aware of who are members on other forums; Juha and I are not. I do not know how often Juha would be here. If he is like me, it is still almost too painful to see Caysa's name and read her posts. But that is my own issue to get over. You all deserve support from someone who is here. That someone will just have 2 backups to turn to should they need to.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by garina do mar Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:22 am

Hi Deb
Thank you for the information and in special for your worries.
I know it's painful to see Caysa's avatar. My heart gets so small when I see "her" balancing in the forum. But I think it would be more painful not to have her (that's the reason I used her Xmas topic this year, as she was still part of this).
Thank you also to Juha to have helped us. I'm certain that for him it must be rather difficult to come here but I also think that in some years he will like to come and see Caysas stories.
About the forum. I know how to administrate it as I administrated another forum for the Griffon Vulture cam. My problem is that I have to finish my PhD until the end of April so my time is very limited until then. After that I can help if you want.
Hello All LLL Members 799636
garina do mar
garina do mar
Admin

http://milhasnauticas.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by garina do mar Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:26 am

Deb wrote:My main concern is any new members that may wish to join.
About new members, I think that they should be only persons that one of us knows. I think it was the criteria used until now. Maybe it will be possible to change the criteria but there are some topics that are "private" and we must be careful about who can see them.
garina do mar
garina do mar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:42 am

Yes, any new members have to have at least one person they can have speak for them on their behalf prior to being granted access. That will never change as long as this group is here.

I think we should carry on using Caysa's posts. Only her body has left us; her words, love, and memories will always remain.

Congratulations on being near the completion of your PhD! In a year, God willing, I will find the courage to start mine. faint

You are officially added to the nomination list.
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by garina do mar Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:55 am

Deb wrote:I think we should carry on using Caysa's posts. Only her body has left us; her words, love, and memories will always remain.
I only mentioned Juha but this forum will be a "memory" for Caysa's grand children: there is so much about them and about her love for them in here that in the future they will love to come here and remember how it was to have a caryng and loving grand mother

Deb wrote:Congratulations on being near the completion of your PhD! In a year, God willing, I will find the courage to start mine. faint
Hope you find courage. It's not easy at all in special because we have to stop doing lots of nice things but in the end it will be nice to have accomplished some useful work
garina do mar
garina do mar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:11 pm

I hope that Juha will show his grandchildren this site. If I had saved all of my chats with Caysa, Juha, his daughters, and their families would have novels to read about how special and important they all were to her.

I would be the first person, on both sides of my family lines, to receive a PhD if I do go for it. I have been in college since June 1, 2009, getting my Associates, Bachelor $, and currently finishing my Masters. I would not take a break, haven't yet, before going in for my PhD. I am afraid if I did take a break, I wouldn't do it. I am already very weary of not having a life due to college. Smile
Deb
Deb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:19 pm

garina do mar wrote:I know how to administrate it as I administrated another forum for the Griffon Vulture cam. My problem is that I have to finish my PhD until the end of April so my time is very limited until then. After that I can help if you want.

You would have been my 1st choice. But I didn´t know if you would have the time to do it. Glad you will have. sunny
Ricky
Ricky

Male Posts : 9253

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:40 pm

Ricky wrote:
garina do mar wrote:I know how to administrate it as I administrated another forum for the Griffon Vulture cam. My problem is that I have to finish my PhD until the end of April so my time is very limited until then. After that I can help if you want.

You would have been my 1st choice. But I didn´t know if you would have the time to do it. Glad you will have. sunny

Ricky took the words out of my mouth -- I couldn't agree more.  nod

I am sure that I do not know all the technicalities of the job, but I suspect that we have been a pretty easy group of friends to manage so, hopefully, we will not be too time consuming.
Bisky
Bisky

Female Sagittarius Posts : 4036

Back to top Go down

Post by sunnygirl Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:44 pm

Hello!
I've been here in the forum very rarely. So I have no right to decide what to do.
But I love to read Caysas thoughts here in the forum. They bring her close to me again.
All the best to all of you Caysas lovers ❤️
Welcoming; Sunnygirl aka Marjaleena
sunnygirl
sunnygirl

Female Posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:39 pm

i welcome juha on the board !

(but i guess...i couldn't be admin, because i could have some language problems)
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:11 pm

sunnygirl wrote:Hello!
I've been here in the forum very rarely. So I have no right to decide what to do.
But I love to read Caysas thoughts here in the forum. They bring her close to me again.
All the best to all of you Caysas lovers ❤️
Welcoming; Sunnygirl aka Marjaleena

Good evening Sunnygirl, nice to see you here again! You see that we still are there!
Till next time!

ergee
ergee
ergee

Female Taurus Posts : 6146

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum