Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS???

+8
Laaly
robin
Bisky
Ricky
AllyKass
caysa
Ophiophagus
ergee
12 posters

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Go down

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is OPHIOPHAGUS???

Post by Bisky Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:11 pm

Be careful where you step! We had a tragedy in Springfield last Friday night when a 23-year old woman was sucked into the drain sewer and drowned as she was trying with friends to push her stalled car out of some deep water on the street. The force of the water had blown off the drain cover, but the hole was unseen at night under the dirty sewer water. Three people were trying to hold on to her, but she was under water for over four minutes and could not be revived.

Ergee -- I know you are smart enough to stay on your 6th floor! I love you
Bisky
Bisky

Female Sagittarius Posts : 4036

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:47 pm

(so sad...) Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 608554
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:04 am

Good morning everybody! Hyvää huomenta!!
Tere hommikust! Guten Morgen! Bom dia! Goede morgen!

At us are 17°C, Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Mostly10. Today: highest 22°C.
In Arnhem: 10°C Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Partly10. Today: highest: 17°C. Precipitation 50%.
In Bayreuth: 12°C, Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Mostly10.
In Lienz: 15°C, Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Rain10. Today: highest 22°C.
In Lisbon: 15°C, sunny . Wind: N 20 km/h. Today: highest 31°C.
In Salo: 9°C, Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Partly10. Today: highest 16°C.
In Tallinn: 13°C, Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Mostly10. Today: highest 16°C.
In Tartu: 12°C, Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Mostly10. Today: highest 16°C.

In Buffalo (NY): 16°C, Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Clear10. Today: highest 28°C, sunny .
In Cedar Rapids: 18°C, Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Clear10. Today: highest 29°C, sunny .
In Klamath Falls: 14°C, Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Cloudy10. Today: cool and showery weekend!
In New York: 19°C, Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Clear10. Today: highest 29°C, sunny .
In Springfield (ILL): 16°C, Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Clear10. Today: highest 31°C, sunny .

Last edited by Ophiophagus on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:44 pm

And of course it is coldest here..........................
But still better than +34..........
caysa
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:41 pm

caysa wrote:And of course it is coldest here..........................
But still better than +34..........

Here - at least according to the weather forecast Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_lol - it will be snowing above 1800m height above sea level (that´s quite exactly where the lodge is) on Tuesday Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Fresse And we will get some northerly wind... Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Fresse I already look forward to freezing in the blinds Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Lol
Ricky
Ricky

Male Posts : 9253

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Hehe, yeah, the joy of hunting in the alps Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_razz

We had good luck today... Saga had a children's party (her 4th birthday is tomorrow) and they all of course looked forward to a pony ride... At 3 pm when the party started it was raining.... First the kids ate hotdogs and cake and ice cream and then they wanted to go outside. Suddenly the sun started to shine Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_sunny . Quickly we got all 10 kids (age 1½ -5 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 784745 ) dressed and took them to the riding field. Just when the last kid had done it's tour around the field it started to rain again. Quickly back inside. OMG how many small boots and hats jackets. (how on earth do they manage in kindergarten when there is 20 or more kids?????)
But the kids were happy and dry Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_lol . This was, so far, the only dry moment of this day.
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:33 pm

caysa wrote:Hehe, yeah, the joy of hunting in the alps Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_razz

We had good luck today... Saga had a children's party (her 4th birthday is tomorrow) and they all of course looked forward to a pony ride... At 3 pm when the party started it was raining.... First the kids ate hotdogs and cake and ice cream and then they wanted to go outside. Suddenly the sun started to shine Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_sunny . Quickly we got all 10 kids (age 1½ -5 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 784745 ) dressed and took them to the riding field. Just when the last kid had done it's tour around the field it started to rain again. Quickly back inside. OMG how many small boots and hats jackets. (how on earth do they manage in kindergarten when there is 20 or more kids?????)
But the kids were happy and dry Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_lol . This was, so far, the only dry moment of this day.

Where are the pictures? Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 01C87412
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:49 pm

The pics are in Timo's camera but I have one little video, loading it to youtube now......................
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:03 pm

One shy girl did not want to sing so she went to the toilet Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 646609

caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:31 pm

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 006I did not see on this video, how Saga blows out the 4 candles! Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 1331
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:01 pm

Ophiophagus wrote:Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 006I did not see on this video, how Saga blows out the 4 candles! Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 1331

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_redface ... because I pressed the wrong button Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_redface
The last bit is here - almost Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 45156

caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:41 pm

veel veel veel,hästi Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 868810 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 868810 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 868810 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 868810
saga will have 4th birthday??uh, to me she seems much bigger lady...mentally bigger Smile) she have something from all astrid lindgrens "girls" .
i wish to this little smart and sweet lady all the best and luck and happiness !
flower Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 824953 flower Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 824953flower Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 824953 flower Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 824953 flower Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 824953 flower
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:45 pm

caysa wrote:Hehe, yeah, the joy of hunting in the alps Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_razz

Yes... Laughing That´s exactly why I tried to shoot the Chamois as soon as possible. Winter may arrive even before autmn has begun... Many hunters prefer hunting Chamois in winter but I don´t - firstly fleeing in high snow is really exhausting for them and secondly hunting is more dangerous

Now it IS already snowing in the mountains... Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_eek Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_eek The snowline seems to be around 2300m height above sea level. And the HA owner is at the lodge today and tomorrow Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 646609 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_lol Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 646609 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Lol
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:02 am

AllyKass wrote:veel veel veel,hästi Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 868810 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 868810 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 868810 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 868810
saga will have 4th birthday??uh, to me she seems much bigger lady...mentally bigger Smile) she have something from all astrid lindgrens "girls" .
i wish to this little smart and sweet lady all the best and luck and happiness !
flower Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 824953 flower Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 824953flower Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 824953 flower Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 824953 flower Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 824953 flower
Thank you so much, Ally!!! I will show her this!!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:04 am

Ricky wrote:

Yes... Laughing That´s exactly why I tried to shoot the Chamois as soon as possible. Winter may arrive even before autmn has begun... Many hunters prefer hunting Chamois in winter but I don´t - firstly fleeing in high snow is really exhausting for them and secondly hunting is more dangerous

Now it IS already snowing in the mountains... Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_eek Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_eek The snowline seems to be around 2300m height above sea level. And the HA owner is at the lodge today and tomorrow Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 646609 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_lol Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 646609 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Lol

Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 849949 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 849949 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 849949
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:30 am

wil HA owner tell to you,how many animals they shooted,too?
now,i understand will start season,then snowing and melting in mountains...how long it lasts?
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:18 pm

AllyKass wrote:wil HA owner tell to you,how many animals they shooted,too?

He won´t for sure (he has never done until now) Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_lol

AllyKass wrote:now,i understand will start season,then snowing and melting in mountains...how long it lasts?

Hunting season for Chamois lasts until Decenber 31st
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:52 pm

Ricky wrote:

He won´t for sure (he has never done until now) Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_lol

but how you can know then,how much animals you may shoot then?
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Ricky wrote:
AllyKass wrote:now,i understand will start season,then snowing and melting in mountains...how long it lasts?

and i don't wondering if it start at 01.jan. clown
(but i meant that time before the high snow will covering hunting area)
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:26 pm

AllyKass wrote:
Ricky wrote:

but how you can know then,how much animals you may shoot then?

Some longer explination...
Athorities determine the number of animals (for each species/gender/age) that may/must be shot in each hunting area. Shooting considerably more or considerably fewer animals is forbidden (but our HA owner shoots considerably more anyway Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_lol ).
Basically the landowner would be allowed to shoot them. But usually the landowner leases the right for hunting to a hunter to get good money. This hunter is my "HA owner" in my case.
The HA owner may allow other hunters to hunt in his HA (that´s me and my dad and the hunting guests). The HA owner allows them to shoot a certain number of animals (for each species/gender/age) out of the animals that he is allowed to shoot. More animals must not be shot - fewer is okay, though.

Although our hunting area is devided to 2 parts (not officially, though) all animals COULD be shot in one of the 2 parts as long as each hunter does not shoot more than he is allowed to shoot. If the HA owner shoots a Chamois in our part of the HA he must shoot one Chamois less in his part. That does not affect the number of animals that we are allowed to shoot...

Another example - let´s assume 15 Roe Deer are allowed to be shot in a HA. The HA owner would might be allowed to shoot:
- 5 bucks (2 young, 1 middle-aged, 2 old)
- 5 does (2 yearlings, 3 older)
- 5 fawns (3 females, 2 males)

If he allows another hunter to hunt that other hunter would maybe be allowed to shoot:
- 2 bucks (1 young, 1 old)
- 3 does (1 yearling, 2 older)
- 4 fawns (2 female, 2 male)

That means the HA owner is allowed to shoot the remaining deer:
- 3 bucks (1 young, 1 middle-aged, 1 old)
- 2 does (1 yealing, 1 older)
- 1 fawn (female)

It does not matter where the animals are shot in the HA (even of the HA is divided to several parts). Theoretically all animals could be shot at the same spot...

Now that was a long explination. I cannot help that things are so complicated here Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:30 pm

AllyKass wrote:
Ricky wrote:

and i don't wondering if it start at 01.jan. clown

Laughing No, it starts on August 1st Wink Wink

AllyKass wrote:(but i meant that time before the high snow will covering hunting area)

Oh, okay Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 45156
That may vary a lot... In some years there is already lots of snow in October, and in other years there is not much snow in December. But usually the time with high snow starts in November (just when Chamois´ mating season starts) and last to April.
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 pm

But the little snow that is falling now actually is the worst: It makes all stones and slopes very slippery. As soon as there is more snow it gets much better if you use snowshoes...
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:54 pm

aaa...slippery stones are not good ofcourse...can there use some climbing stick's?
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:37 pm

oh,i saw now that you gave excamples..."at wood and red" as estonians say lol!
yeah,this math i could understand, but if there are lots of guests...and they already shooted lots of animals and you did not know that...may it happend,if you shoot after there...it could get problems for you?
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:34 pm

AllyKass wrote:aaa...slippery stones are not good ofcourse...can there use some climbing stick's?

Yes, both a walking pole and crampons help but if your foot slides off a stone that you are standing on they do no help too much either. And if you slip on a steep slope you may easily slide a few hundred meters.... Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Fresse
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:40 pm

AllyKass wrote:oh,i saw now that you gave excamples..."at wood and red" as estonians say lol!
yeah,this math i could understand, but if there are lots of guests...and they already shooted lots of animals and you did not know that...may it happend,if you shoot after there...it could get problems for you?

Nope, we are allowed to shoot a certain number of animals - no matter what others shoot.
And as it seems now we will not even manage to shoot all of them. For instance we are still aloowed to shoot 2 Roe bucks... The last one I have seen 6 weeks ago and in September/October Roe bucks hardly show up anymore... Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:44 pm

Ricky wrote:
AllyKass wrote:oh,i saw now that you gave excamples..."at wood and red" as estonians say lol!

Nope, we are allowed to shoot a certain number of animals - no matter what others shoot.
And as it seems now we will not even manage to shoot all of them. For instance we are still aloowed to shoot 2 Roe bucks... The last one I have seen 6 weeks ago and in September/October Roe bucks hardly show up anymore... Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
thanks god,then you are protected against this kind problems Laughing
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:01 pm

Ricky wrote:
AllyKass wrote:aaa...slippery stones are not good ofcourse...can there use some climbing stick's?

Yes, both a walking pole and crampons help but if your foot slides off a stone that you are standing on they do no help too much either. And if you slip on a steep slope you may easily slide a few hundred meters.... Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Fresse
oh,i just read article from our media,thatbetween last 9 days in italian alps valledifassa area are perish 17 and missing 1person,whose climbed to mountains to picking mushrooms slap What a Face slap
http://ohtuleht.ee/index.aspx?id=392284
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:04 pm

caysa wrote:
AllyKass wrote:veel veel veel,hästi Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 868810 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 868810 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 868810 Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 868810
Thank you so much, Ally!!! I will show her this!!!
how was little lady 4th birthday with grandparents? did she got some birds for present in this time?
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:13 pm

AllyKass wrote:
Ricky wrote:

oh,i just read article from our media,thatbetween last 9 days in italian alps valledifassa area are perish 17 and missing 1person,whose climbed to mountains to picking mushrooms slap What a Face slap
http://ohtuleht.ee/index.aspx?id=392284

Italiens and mushrooms - it´s crazy!! Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 784745 In Italy there are laws that limit the amount of mushrooms being picked. So what do many Italiens do? They come to Austria - but not only to the border areas but to almost the whole southern Austria. In autumn they are everywhere... Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Each person stays for 1 or 2 weeks - real holiday. Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Icon_lol They dry the mushrooms and after their holiday they go back to Italy and sell the mushrooms Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 784745 Now Austria has laws against that too but the Italiens do not care Where is OPHIOPHAGUS??? - Page 2 Suspect
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next