Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RICKY!!!!!!!!!

+3
Admin
Ricky
caysa
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: RICKY!!!!!!!!!

Post by Laaly Sat May 16, 2009 10:55 pm

Ophiophagus wrote:
Ricky wrote:I won´t for sure (I already packed most of my things - the camera is among them).

Question to everybody: If hunting might be successful - do you also want to see pics of dead animals here or should I only put the link to the image and a warning. (I remember complaints from LK and I don´t want to offend anybody here)
You will open a Hunting topic according to me, and who wants it looks at it. Who does not want it does not look at it. Basketball
right ophy! i think it's good enaugh that you, Ricky, warned us... so everybody know what they could see.. and if they wouldn't want to see it, they just don't look Arrow
Laaly
Laaly

Female Capricorn Posts : 1166

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 17, 2009 4:59 am

As the others have said. I would start a new thread that states there are hunting pictures, and then let those look who want to. There should be any restraints put on this board...within reason of course...and hunting IS a LARGE part of nature and animal management.

Would you like a new area dedicated JUST to hunting and those pictures???

Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 459

https://loodusloverslodge.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun May 17, 2009 6:27 am

I think we need a hunting thread. If someone dont like to look and read - it is then easy to avoid.
Although - those who just couldn't manage the pic of the shot deer - where it all started on LK, are not here LOL.
But, yes, I think it is clever to have hunting in its own place.
----
I opened the thread in "Our Worlds"
caysa
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sun May 17, 2009 10:23 am

Thanks, Caysa. That´s perfect! RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 868810
Ricky
Ricky

Male Posts : 9253

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Mon May 18, 2009 9:31 pm

Well, probably you know - in 17 hours I´m leaving.

I can´t promise to visit here again until my departure (but I´ll try to do), so I want to say "Good bye" to all of you for now. Have a great time everybody! RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 726520
And ... be friendly with each other RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 269386 Wink lol!

I will be back on Sunday (early afternoon probably) but I don´t know how soon I will find time to come here. It might be Monday.
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Mon May 18, 2009 9:40 pm

good trip to you, Ricky and be straight! sunny
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue May 19, 2009 5:53 am

Be safe, Ricky!! Careful with guns...
I feel like your granny - I worry when I cannot keep an eye on you RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 592632

Enjoy your trip and get back soon!!
You will be missed RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 662744
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Tue May 19, 2009 6:37 am

Hi, Ricky!
Good travel for you! Cool I hope for it in Germany there is internet. You could write some rows! @ I do not feel myself your granny. Embarassed
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue May 19, 2009 6:40 am

Ophiophagus wrote:Hi, Ricky!
Good travel for you! Cool I hope for it in Germany there is internet. You could write some rows! @ I do not feel myself your granny. Embarassed

I sure hope that you don't feel like Ricky's granny lol!

Ophy - you have a big responsibility now! When Ricky is away - you are the only MALE here to keep us ladies in order king
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Tue May 19, 2009 8:53 am

caysa wrote:

Ophy - you have a big responsibility now! When Ricky is away - you are the only MALE here to keep us ladies in order king
Have a nice trip, Ricky!! cheers
Ok girls lets be naughty now, cats are gone and mice are alone at home lol!
robin
robin

Female Posts : 3479

http://www.looduses.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Tue May 19, 2009 8:59 am

robin wrote:
caysa wrote:

Have a nice trip, Ricky!! cheers
Ok girls lets be naughty now, cats are gone and mice are alone at home lol!
Shocked RickYYYY! You have to hurry get back! king
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue May 19, 2009 10:21 am

Hehehehehehehehehehe................... hmmmmm
Whis is going to eat who???
I think this mouse = OPHIOPHAGUS (= snake eater)

RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 MousesnakeCEN_450x500

RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 141956 RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 77978
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Tue May 19, 2009 10:42 am

caysa wrote:Hehehehehehehehehehe................... hmmmmm
Whis is going to eat who???
I think this mouse = OPHIOPHAGUS (= snake eater)

RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 MousesnakeCEN_450x500

RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 141956 RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 77978
Superb photo! This picture proves it, what I mention on all scientific conferences:
The egg eater snake does not eat a mouse!! Laughing
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Tue May 19, 2009 10:49 am

lol!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sun May 24, 2009 11:07 am

Good morning everybody!

As you see I´m back in Lienz and it has been an absolutely wonderful trip. I´ll post a report and pictures during the next days.
For now there are other things that have to be done - anwering to mails (mostly from clients), reading up on the forum´s posts and also the trip itself caused quite a lot that has to be done now. Wink

Deb, I got you parcel. Thousands of biiiiig "Thank you!" to you! RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 726520 These 2 frogs on the t-shirt are really lovely!!! RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 726520 So very very very kind of you!
If you (I mean the plural-"you") want I can take a pic and post it here. But of course it will last some days since I don´t belong to the pround owners of digital cameras. lol!
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun May 24, 2009 12:34 pm

Hey!!! And welcome back!! RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 726520
Good to hear you had a nice trip!! Hopefully you are going to tell us all about it!

lol! Deb should have sent you a digi cam instead!!
I think Deb has a pic o f that T-shirt.... somewhere... :scratch:
I have seen a pic of it....
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun May 24, 2009 3:59 pm

Ricky, nice to hear, that your trip was wonderful! sunny
do that you have to do and then we wait your trip impressions!
and of course, if Deb have this frog t-shirt pic, its good to see!!
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 24, 2009 4:44 pm

Welcome home Ricky. Glad you like the shirt. It is just a silly shirt that made me think of you. I sincerely hope it fits!!!!!!!! I had to guess. If it doesn't, just hang it on the wall like a piece of art and call it good. lol!

This is what the box looked like. The shirt was to be exactly the same.

RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Ricky_10

RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 Ricky_11

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sun May 24, 2009 5:34 pm

Admin wrote:Welcome home Ricky. Glad you like the shirt. It is just a silly shirt that made me think of you. I sincerely hope it fits!!!!!!!! I had to guess. If it doesn't, just hang it on the wall like a piece of art and call it good. lol!

This is what the box looked like. The shirt was to be exactly the same.

Thank you for the pics!
One can´t say it doesn´t fit but one can´t say it fits perfectly either. Wink It´s a little bit small but for sure it is called good. RICKY!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 722652

btw: I just tried to look up the English expressions for some German words (that are no real hunters´ language actually) to start writing my report. No way - they don´t exist in Englisch or sound really strange.

"Hochsitz" (something like the watching tower at the pig feeding place) seems to be called "raised hide" "raised blind" "stance" "stand" or "hide". In a hunting video I have hear the word "highsit". But this word does not seem to exist. Please - native speakers, have you ever heard it? If not I´d better take one of the other options...

"Ansitz" (=sitting on a "Hochsitz" and waiting for game animals) - I didn´t found anything.

This is going to be difficult for me to express everything well - but I´ll manage somehow.
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun May 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Ricky, I don't think that any of us, except the girls from the other side of the pond, will know the words in English anyway lol! . We would have to look them up and then we would get some silly word in our native language drunken
Perhaps you can find a picture of those things?
I know what you mean with the word "Hochsitz" but it is not easy to explain. I immediately remember a forest trip not far from here... There are a few Hochsitz's there and some of them even have heating affraid . That is not used anymore but many many years ago when one of our presidents, Urho Kekkonen, was hunting in that area, they made very luxus Hochsitz's for him lol!
Look here - choose which one is closest to what you mean, then everyone can tell what it is in their language: Google picture search: HOCHSITZ
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Sun May 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Its nice to hear that Ricky is back in one piece and with lots of good feelings.
This hochsitz is in our language vaatlustorn ( watching tower)
I like this t-shirt Smile
robin
robin

Female Posts : 3479

http://www.looduses.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun May 24, 2009 8:29 pm

Yes, I asked hubby too what he would call it. He immediately said "kyttäystorni". Which would mean a tower where you sit and watch something that is not seeing you.
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Sun May 24, 2009 9:50 pm

caysa wrote:Ricky, I don't think that any of us, except the girls from the other side of the pond, will know the words in English anyway lol! . We would have to look them up and then we would get some silly word in our native language drunken
Perhaps you can find a picture of those things?
I know what you mean with the word "Hochsitz" but it is not easy to explain. I immediately remember a forest trip not far from here... There are a few Hochsitz's there and some of them even have heating affraid . That is not used anymore but many many years ago when one of our presidents, Urho Kekkonen, was hunting in that area, they made very luxus Hochsitz's for him lol!
Look here - choose which one is closest to what you mean, then everyone can tell what it is in their language: Google picture search: HOCHSITZ

No worry. I would have explained these rarely used words in the beginning, so nobody had to look them up.
But it´s not so nice to write something like that: "... I climbed on the tall thing where hunters wait for game animals..."

Well as I said - the "watching tower" at the Estonian pig feeding ground can also be called a "Hochsitz". Everybody knows that one. Wink But I have taken pics of a "Hochsitz" anyway - so no problem to explain.
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 25, 2009 5:33 am

"Hochsitz" (something like the watching tower at the pig feeding place) seems to be called "raised hide" "raised blind" "stance" "stand" or "hide". In a hunting video I have hear the word "highsit". But this word does not seem to exist. Please - native speakers, have you ever heard it? If not I´d better take one of the other options...

Ricky, you are actually right on. It would be called a Stand, if it was attached to a tree and a little platform. Or it would be called a Platform Blind if it is on it's own legs and has walls and a roof of sorts.

Sorry the shirt doesn't exactly fit. If you mail it back, I can get one size bigger. Wink

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Mon May 25, 2009 7:32 am

Admin wrote:"Hochsitz" (something like the watching tower at the pig feeding place) seems to be called "raised hide" "raised blind" "stance" "stand" or "hide". In a hunting video I have hear the word "highsit". But this word does not seem to exist. Please - native speakers, have you ever heard it? If not I´d better take one of the other options...

Ricky, you are actually right on. It would be called a Stand, if it was attached to a tree and a little platform. Or it would be called a Platform Blind if it is on it's own legs and has walls and a roof of sorts.

Sorry the shirt doesn't exactly fit. If you mail it back, I can get one size bigger. Wink

Then it is a platform blind. Thank you!!!

About your last sentence: Very kind of you, but one can get it via internet as well (I found it there). I think this would be the cheaper way for you. Wink I don´t want to cause any inconvenience for you.
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Let me know what you would like to do. I don't mind making it right.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Mon May 25, 2009 6:11 pm

Admin wrote:Let me know what you would like to do. I don't mind making it right.

I´ll organize it myself if you don´t mind. One shirt for the wall, the other for wearing - fits perfectly. Cool
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 25, 2009 10:43 pm

Okies....we shall leave it go at that then.

I have an odd question, but I don't know you as well as the others. What did you just get you PhD in?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricky Tue May 26, 2009 2:24 pm

Admin wrote:Okies....we shall leave it go at that then.

Yes, it´s better that way. I have to pay about 25 Euros (shipping included because I can get it from Germany). Shipping from Europe to America and back plus the shirt itself would be far more expensive.

Admin wrote:I have an odd question, but I don't know you as well as the others. What did you just get you PhD in?

If I understand you correctly (if not please tell me) you´re intersted in the result of my exam(s). For both you could either get "passed" or "failed". Both were passed.
But the exams didn´t have to do anything with university. The first one was connected with hunting and the 2nd one was concerning my job as an self-imployed investment adviser.
Here you don´t need any education for becoming an investment adviser Shocked - but of course you wouldn´t be successful then. So, knowledge is more important then going to college and learning mostly useless things there (I don´t have gone to college) - have a look at many bankers all over the world: Many of them have studied - and the result is that they made/make a lot of people poor. But to show your clients that you have knowlegde it´s useful to pass some exams.
Ricky
Ricky

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 26, 2009 5:14 pm

Very good for your results. And yes, even though something does not require a degree to do, doesn't mean you shouldn't study. Credibility is a huge thing in the world of finance, and I would rather go to someone who has taken the time to learn a few things than those who haven't.

I was just accepted (at the ripe old age of 42) back into college today. I will be going for a Bachelor's in Psychology. I want to be a mediator. And, like your profession, it does not require a degree, but if I want to actually make a difference, rather than just a living, I need to know how to help others better.

Thanks for letting me know. Some of the members here said you are now a PhD and I was just wondering what you decided to make your passion in life.

I wish you much success in being an investment adviser, and I really hope the economy turns around for your clients so they can afford to invest again.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next