Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS???

+2
Ophiophagus
caysa
6 posters

Go down

Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? Empty Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS???

Post by caysa Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:08 pm

I have an old Kodak box camera- Kodak Popular Brownie 620 - especially made for Finland. It has an extra tag added on "NÄPSÄ" (handy) which was an idea from Kodak to make it sell better in Finland Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? Icon_lol (Some people claim that these cameras should actually have put together in Finland, but I don't know.
It also has a leather case, which I do not know if it is original or if it is made later on. My father got this cam when he started photographing, maybe when he was 13 - 14 years old. These cameras were made in 1930-something.
It has last been used in 1970 I think - some pics taken just for fun - it worked!!!
Since then it has been just laying around.... I don't really need it and I have never seen my father use it even, he had several new cameras by the time I was born. I don't want to throw it out if someone is interested in it.....

Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? KODAK
caysa
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? Empty Re: Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS???

Post by Ophiophagus Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:25 pm

caysa wrote:I have an old Kodak box camera- Kodak Popular Brownie 620 - especially made for Finland. It has an extra tag added on "NÄPSÄ" (handy) which was an idea from Kodak to make it sell better in Finland Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? Icon_lol (Some people claim that these cameras should actually have put together in Finland, but I don't know.
It also has a leather case, which I do not know if it is original or if it is made later on. My father got this cam when he started photographing, maybe when he was 13 - 14 years old. These cameras were made in 1930-something.
It has last been used in 1970 I think - some pics taken just for fun - it worked!!!
Since then it has been just laying around.... I don't really need it and I have never seen my father use it even, he had several new cameras by the time I was born. I don't want to throw it out if someone is interested in it.....

Kodak??? Possible a PANASONIC........ Laughing
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? Empty Re: Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS???

Post by okaskera Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:38 pm

maybe i would like to try it Razz
Does it works with film?
maybe 6x6 slide?

okaskera

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:54 pm

okaskera wrote:maybe i would like to try it Razz
Does it works with film?
maybe 6x6 slide?

I would be happy to see you have it!!!
I remember that we put film in it, rolls....
I have no idea if you can find film for this one anymore...... but I am sure that you, if anyone can come up with a solution.

Here is info that I found on internet:

Brownie 620 Type: Box rollfilm
Introduced: 1933
Discontinued: 1936
Film size: 620
Picture size: 6 X 9 cm
Manufactured: Germany
Lens: 1933: Doublet f/8
1934-36: f/11 with two close-up lenses
Shutter: Box-shutter
Numbers made: 27,000
Original price: ?

Description:
Black leatherette covered metal
box with geometric design in black
enamel and nickel chrome on front;
two brilliant finders; shutter release
lock

caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by okaskera Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:04 pm

i see that at least in usa B&H photovideostore has that film, even velvia 100 and its not that expensive Smile
if it has good lense, then it should make EXTREMELY good pictures specialy of landscapes

okaskera

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:11 pm

okaskera wrote:i see that at least in usa B&H photovideostore has that film, even velvia 100 and its not that expensive Smile
if it has good lense, then it should make EXTREMELY good pictures specialy of landscapes

I have no idea about the lens.... but the camera has always been kept in this bag... so I guess there is a possibility that its only needs some cleaning !!

Then we just have to get the camera over to you!!!
I am NOT going to send it by post - I sent a CD to Robin 1½ week ago, she still hasn't got it.... Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? 711340 Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? Confused
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:04 pm

You need to organize a LLL tour! Razz
Ophiophagus
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5010

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:17 pm

Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? Icon_cyclops Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? Icon_clown Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? Icon_lol
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by okaskera Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Caysa, do you still have at least 1 emty original 620 film spool in the camera or somewhere else? if yes, then i may have possibility to use 120 film in it. Its basicaly same but 3 times cheaper and its much more common.

okaskera

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:28 am

I read about that too, but sadly no..... the camera is empty inside.
When dad died we didn't even think of looking for something like that in his many boxes of old stuff....

You said its possible to get this original sort of film?? what if you buy just a minimum amount of them - and save the spools from them??

Or maybe someone has a spool somewhere????
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:57 am

caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:05 am

its better to go balti jaama market and ask it of "kilakola"-men lol! i know that in rakvere market was much these men too
AllyKass
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11603

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:55 am

AllyKass wrote:its better to go balti jaama market and ask it of "kilakola"-men lol! i know that in rakvere market was much these men too

Hey, you are right!!! Must be in Tartu too, but balti jaam is number one for sure!!!!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat May 01, 2010 6:40 am

Tomorrow morning I will drive to Helsinki to meet up with Sunnygirl and her husband Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? 726520 . They are going on their Estonia trip and they will also go to Ilmatsalu to perhaps see the pigs.
Sunnygirl will take my old camera to okaskera and hopefully we can one day see pics taken with it!!
Finally this cam gets a new home with someone that understands it Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? Lol
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sat May 01, 2010 6:51 am

ehhe,you find nice way cheers
but i hope,that sunny will make piglets pics with own cam, too and post these here too,please cheers
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat May 01, 2010 9:11 am

Yes, I am sure she will!!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Sat May 01, 2010 4:56 pm

The piglets on Cam 2 are fun to watch, but wouldn't it be wonderful to actually see pictures of "our" stripies! Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? Icon_bounce (I also wonder how our sore leg loner is doing.)

Tell Sunnygirl helloAnyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? Hello11
Bisky
Bisky

Female Sagittarius Posts : 4036

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat May 01, 2010 7:02 pm

I will tell her greetings and let her know that she has a big task Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? Lol
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sun May 02, 2010 11:32 am

Greetings were told and also sent to Ilmatsalu!!
Sunny is trying to see the piglets either tonight or tomorrow night.
Okaskera did tell her that the boar moms tend to keep the piglets away from very wet and muddy places but it just might be dry enough on the feeding ground now.
Fingers crossed - we really want Sunny to be able to succeed with this mission, don't we!!!
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass Sun May 02, 2010 1:41 pm

nod nod nod
AllyKass
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by robin Sun May 02, 2010 1:57 pm

All the best to Sunny, and luck with boar watching Anyone here that is interested in OLD CAMERAS??? 726520
robin
robin

Female Posts : 3479

http://www.looduses.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down