Loodus Lovers' Lodge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !!

+6
garina do mar
Laaly
Ricky
AllyKass
robin
caysa
10 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 9 Empty Re: Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !!

Post by caysa Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:42 pm

AllyKass wrote:wow,lucky you cheers ...i afraid that my 5th floor is much for WP-s
Or..... then you have to make the fat balls with my recipe Laughing

Melt coconut fat and mix in lots of oats (kaerahelbed) and crushed nuts and almonds into it. Add a little vegetable oil so that the fat is not becoming too hard. Let the mix cool in the fridge or outside until it is like modelling clay. You might need to mix it a bit every now and then so that it cools evenly. Then make fat balls with your hands and let them cool again until they are hard. You can also make a fat sausage by shaping it inside some plastic. Hang it outside inside a net. Every year this is what the WPs have been eating Laughing
caysa
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 9 Empty Re: Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !!

Post by caysa Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Today some jays visited this feeder for the first time cheers

caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:19 pm

What are these???

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 9 2012-139
Bisky
Bisky

Female Sagittarius Posts : 4036

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:52 pm

That's millet - commonly used for parrots and other cage birds.
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Thanks. Do you buy it as shown, or do you have to make your own strings?
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:13 am

Millet grows like that Laughing

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 9 Millet_377073f

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 9 Millet_sprays
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:21 am

slap Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 9 912946 Caysa, you must think that I am as dumb as a rock!

Our wild birdseed contains millet that looks like this

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 9 2012-141

Neither my husband nor I have ever seen the actual plant growing as a field crop -- thank you for the lesson in agriculture. I actually pictured you with a needle and thread stringing each little grain in a row like a popcorn string!

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 9 2012-142

I think that I will go to bed early to avoid embarrassing myself any more today... Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 9 726520 Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 9 390980
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:11 am

lol! I would use Saga to for the thread and needle thingy lol!

I have never seen millet grow either. It is not grown in Finland.
Wikipedia knows where we could find it:

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 9 800px-Milletoutput
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Okay, my education about millet is now complete. We just got back from the pet store. While there, I checked out the domestic bird seed products, and I found it! They are called millet sprays, and they look exactly like what you have on your feeder. cheers
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:22 am

Now you only have to get a budgie Laughing

Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 9 Baby_budgie_millet_lover_by_murphy1210-d3kg8ab
caysa
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bisky Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:43 am

lol! I think that Cooper would agree with you! He came along with us to the pet store and was fascinated by the various birds for sale. My husband would tell Cooper to look at him--Cooper would look at Bill's eyes for a second, and then his attention went right back to the birds. Junttila BIRD FEEDER CAM is broadcasting !! - Page 9 269386 It seems that his breeding was much stronger than his obedience training while standing by the bird cages. whistle
Bisky
Bisky

Back to top Go down

Post by ergee Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:11 am

Probably he feels pity for those birds in cages and would try to set
them free.....

Sorry I'm joking, but I can understand Cooper...what he does as soon as they are free is
another story!

Rolling Eyes bounce
ergee
ergee

Female Taurus Posts : 6146

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9