EVERYONE PLEASE, Tell something about yourself!!! Introductions all around !!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EVERYONE PLEASE, Tell something about yourself!!! Introductions all around !!

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:57 am

Edited to say that I combine two threads and if you all would be so kind as to stop in and introduce yourselves to everyone it would be apprecated

Hello everyone. I guess Caysa's pm box is getting hit with questions on who I am. If I am a real person, if I am Caysa only with a different login, etc.

No. I am not Caysa.

Yes. I am a real person.

No. I have not visited any of the forums all of you are coming from.

Yes. I have gotten semi-addicted to the pig cam, but only because I was drawn to the little doe that would show up for breakfast every day.

My background is in Health Care, Office Administration, Grant Writing, City Government, Real Estate, and Manufacturing.

I am currently expanding my horizons and going back to college to get a Bachelor's in Human Services. I would like to be a mediator...to help people reach fair compromises to their problems.

I was raised on a dairy farm and love everything that nature has to offer. My personal goal in life is to leave a zero footprint on the earth and live as green and as self sufficent as my world will allow.

I have run a total of 3 forums as Admin, this being the 4th. I have moderated on 2 others. I have also built and manage 3 websites.

I am a 42 yr. old female, named Deb, that lives in Oregon USA, in the high desert. I am single (again), and only have 3 ex-stepchildren and 1 incredibly adorable stepgrandson, none of my own. I have 2 dogs and 1 cat.

I am sure that Caysa and Anna will pop on here and tell you all what they both think of me. (Gosh I hope it is good!!!!!! Shocked ) Otherwise, just know that I am a real person with a heart. I do not walk around with a big stick in my hands. If you want to know more about me, just ask....I don't bite (hard).

Caysa came to me with an idea of building a forum for all of her friends that she has made on the other cam forums, where you are not allowed to post anything off topic to what is taking place on the cams themselves. I agree that there is a real need for all of you to be able to have a place to make a deep connection, like the one I have made with both Caysa and Anna. This is that home. Please feel free to start your own threads about anything you wish to talk about. You don't have to stick to one area, we won't yell if you scatter about and make the board busy and crazy....that is why it is here. You can't break anything, so try all the buttons out. If you get stuck, there is a forum for ask Admin...give us a shout in there. I know you are used to hiding your conversations in private messages, but you don't have to do that here, unless it really IS private of course. Laughing

Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 459

http://loodusloverslodge.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE, Tell something about yourself!!! Introductions all around !!

Post by caysa on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:23 am

Thanks, Deb!
I like it when you are here, please do post sometimes!
About ANYTHING :D

Your help has been so incredible, I would not have got this running in many days due to everything I have to do now.
You are THE BEST cheers
caysa

Female Aries Posts : 13628

Back to top Go down

Re: EVERYONE PLEASE, Tell something about yourself!!! Introductions all around !!

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:26 am

Your very welcome Caysa. I am very humbled that you are so proud of your little corner of the net. It was my pleasure to lend a hand.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ophiophagus on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:37 am

Hello Deb!
Very beautiful introduction! We are all glad, that you are here with us! cheers
Ophiophagus

Male Capricorn Posts : 5002

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:44 am

Thank you Mr. Oph. Wink

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Introductions all around

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:34 am

removed cause I edited the first post giggle

Last edited by AnnaXLA1 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:42 am

ok here we go my intro

I have been friends with caysa for so many years now that its hard to remember that long back lol we met on a chicken board and became fast friends.
I have been into animals all my life lol
I live on a hobby farm that my mom and I run together that is about 20 acres, we have goats, chickens, and a few beef cattle
among my hobbies I like to do 3d art, faeries are my fav thing to make, I also love to make jewelery, I usally end up giving what I make away lol
any questions just ask I wll not bite all that much any way lol

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa on Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:03 pm

My turn then!

I have told you quite a lot about my life already....
I am a stay-at-home wife and grandmother.
The grandkids are first priority, of course. I have been married for almost 37 years to the same guy so there is not much interesting to tell about that either Wink
Animals are important to me. At the moment we have 4 dogs, 3 cats, 2 bunnies and 11 hens + 2 roosters.
On Friday we will go and get the 5th dog ( Shocked ). We also co-own 3 horses with my daughters.
Nature is also important, we live in the country so every time I step outside it's there.
I like to bake and cook, and I have been told I can do it pretty well too.
Also sewing and knitting is something I like to do when I have time.

I also don't bite, go on and ask me questions!
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by robin on Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:27 pm

AnnaXLA1 wrote:ok here we go my intro

I have been friends with caysa for so many years now that its hard to remember that long back lol we met on a chicken board and became fast friends.
I have been into animals all my life lol
I live on a hobby farm that my mom and I run together that is about 20 acres, we have goats, chickens, and a few beef cattle
among my hobbies I like to do 3d art, faeries are my fav thing to make, I also love to make jewelery, I usally end up giving what I make away lol
any questions just ask I wll not bite all that much any way lol
was this forum you met with caysa hencam.co.uk?
robin

Female Posts : 3479

http://www.looduses.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:06 am

nope it was either backyard chickens or PIYY I am leaning towards PIYY
Do you remember the board we met on caysa lol

Back to top Go down

Post by treenz on Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:14 am

i am introducing myself as treenz

only three of you know me via chicken message boards.

i am from NZ new zealand - i have 2 adult sons each with a partner - i also have a dog Sam, a cat Sheeba and 21 named chooks. will be married for 42 years in june - to an artist.

I love to see many people's point of views from the other side of the whole world - pieces of their lives - stories of their pets and so on, something i can read and enjoy. study

what will we do without our pets and friends?
treenz

Female Taurus Posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:29 pm

Welcome on board Treena
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:30 pm

AnnaXLA1 wrote:nope it was either backyard chickens or PIYY I am leaning towards PIYY
Do you remember the board we met on caysa lol
It was Backyard Chickens, I joined PIYY a lot later!
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by treenz on Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:01 am

yes i joined BYC first then PIYY... too Smile

I joined BYC because i wanted to know more about having chickens at home - not for showing. I grew to love chatting by reading and posting there. i got addicted to this sort of thing. Shocked

Now i am learning more and more about animals ... and birds. :D
treenz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:18 am

hiya Tree it is great to see you here
lol Caysa I knew it was one or theother lol could'nt rember for sure thoguh

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:17 am

hi, treenz, greeting to sheeba! cat
AllyKass

Female Posts : 11306

Back to top Go down

Post by treenz on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:45 am

I am trying to see if i can put a pic of Sheeba here

sigh - i got Sheeba's pic loaded into photobucket but for some silly reason the links directly below each photo have disappeared!

i will try again once they the links for each photo appear... Smile
treenz

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:06 am

treenz wrote:I am trying to see if i can put a pic of Sheeba here

sigh - i got Sheeba's pic loaded into photobucket but for some silly reason the links directly below each photo have disappeared!

i will try again once they the links for each photo appear... Smile
thanks, we will wait sheebas pic's cat
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by leanne on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:14 am

So i tell about myself

I am a folk musician, i play in several groups, the most active right now is a Latvian group, where i am the only estonian amongst 10 people. that's Auļi (http://auli.lv) and i play dances (i am the organizer of Tallinn dance club, that is a free folk dance club, where everyone can join in and learn from what they see, with live music) and i play mostly dances (with bagpipes mostly, but also with garmochka, russian accordeon and kannel - little 6-12 stringed baltic zither Smile)

I love nature, mostly plants and i love to dance also contemporary dances (i participate in a studio) and i love Latvia and Basque country and some other places and lots of things that are from old times, things and also old recordings); then i work as a teacher, i teach folk music and instruments to children and sometimes young people too. i quite like it. and i love Björk Smile

edit: forgot to say that i also work in estonian classical radio and i make programs about folk music, you can listen from: http://klassikaraadio.err.ee/kuularhiiv?saade=104&kid=141

Last edited by leanne on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
leanne

Aries Posts : 95

Back to top Go down

Post by treenz on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:35 am

now lets see if you all can see my cat Sheeba :D

yahoo! whoo! yippee! yay!

tree Smile
treenz

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:04 pm

treenz wrote:

now lets see if you all can see my cat Sheeba :D

yahoo! whoo! yippee! yay!

tree Smile

great! very majestetic cat! kurr-nurr! cat
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by robin on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:29 am

leanne wrote:ooo what a lovely story, carmel!!

i almost
And romantic... with happy end bounce
robin

Back to top Go down

Post by AllyKass on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:45 am

carmel, very romantic story...was this monkey the best men in your weddings too?
AllyKass

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Oh how lovely!!
Can't wait til next chapter study
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by robin on Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:33 pm

I read your, Deb, introduction again and I really like your green attitude
robin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:31 pm

Thank you Robin. Little by little I get to put bits and pieces of that plan into effect. It's nice knowing I am doing all I can to make the world better/safer/cleaner/renewable for those to follow in our footsteps.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by naamah on Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:16 am

hello, i was lost for a wile, bit working, but now, I´d like to inroduce myself..

i´m from slovakia, lost country in europe, but maybe you´ll know it as czechoslovakia, or former ausrian - hungary kingdom.
i´m mostly form hungarian families - both. (don´t speak hungarian, like my all family do, but soon...)
studied fine arts and film in universtiy, both finished.

now i live in slovakia, in bratislava, cpaital.
but i was grown in mountains, in the middle of our counrtry.
from my childhood we always had dogs...many. sometimes 5 or 6 in yard. every of them werw found in willage or highway....i always had to take them home.
but now i live in city, and we have house too now. we started with one dog - sasky (it was ment to be saskia, the girl, but only one boy left, so it was sasky, and we didn´t want to change his name, so it´s sasky now, mother colie, father pitbull - son is beautiful)
now we have 3 cats (it was 4, one died (maybe, don´t know...he never returned home) and one of the called maphisto changed his home to our neighbours..but in winter he loves our house...)
2 dogs
2 parrots
1 rabbit...(sotlen from my grandfather who used to grow them and eat...this one is the last one and not eatable..

and i love animals, offcoruse, that´s why i found looduskalender and that´s why i logged in and meet you.

so i do think that you love animal stories that human´s.
my last animal story is that i left my dog and my boyfrien´s dog alone, one weekend in my parent´s house an now we have 6 puppies.

my boyfriend´s dog is another story. in that time, we weree talking about dogs. and i told him to have a dog. and we realized that we like bullteriers...and one day, my friend called me that she have a bullterier found on street, tortured, almost died...yeah and we took her. and now she is mother and loves us. and we love her.

p.s
and i envy you from estonia, that you can see little pigleeeetsss....have to see pictures Smile))
naamah

Female Virgo Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:00 am

Naamah you have a lovely story.
All those animal-friends and the rabbit too, saved frop the pot.!!
Best wishes to you and all the animal friends sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by caysa on Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:11 am

naamah, we are so happy to see you!!
Hopefully you will enjoy this place together with us!
:SLOVAKIAFLAG:
caysa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:56 am

leanne wrote:So i tell about myself

I am a folk musician, i play in several groups, the most active right now is a Latvian group, where i am the only estonian amongst 10 people. that's Auļi (http://auli.lv) and i play dances (i am the organizer of Tallinn dance club, that is a free folk dance club, where everyone can join in and learn from what they see, with live music) and i play mostly dances (with bagpipes mostly, but also with garmochka, russian accordeon and kannel - little 6-12 stringed baltic zither Smile)

I love nature, mostly plants and i love to dance also contemporary dances (i participate in a studio) and i love Latvia and Basque country and some other places and lots of things that are from old times, things and also old recordings); then i work as a teacher, i teach folk music and instruments to children and sometimes young people too. i quite like it. and i love Björk Smile

edit: forgot to say that i also work in estonian classical radio and i make programs about folk music, you can listen from: http://klassikaraadio.err.ee/kuularhiiv?saade=104&kid=141

I could have bet you were a musical person ..Thats lovely work and you seem very happy with your life.
sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top